Why get used when you get the same thing with a crescendo brand new? Read impious' comment.

Why get used when you get the same thing with a crescendo brand new?

To impress all your internet friends of course.

Why get used when you get the same thing with a crescendo brand new? Read impious' comment.

And refurbed for the same price.

i would rather have a black than a very gold amplifier

but do what you want.

new from crescendo comes with 2 year warranty as well so I doubt you would get 2 years transferable warranty with a used saz 3k amp.

Or a used crescendo 3k 475 plus shipping and probably has warranty left. But it still isn't that great of a deal because its 550 brand new.

That thing is badass, especially for the price. I'd been saving for a T2500-1bd, but I think I might go for a 3KWP AND a 1000C4 for LESS money. I'm seriously thinking I'm going to go with one of these in the future. Same circuitry as the Sundown, for a much better price, looks like win win to me.

I'd never looked into Crescendo before, I'm glad I saw this thread. I've found out about all kinds of great stuff through SSA.

these amps are bad ass and the owner is pretty cool to. also the pro audio is coming this summer they are different from the rest not just some rebadged B&C Beyma selenium and whatever should be pretty good too. im surprised none here has made a thread regarding crescendo products before now.

They look legit.

Don't quote me :peepwall:

They look legit.

Don't quote me :peepwall:

I just did.

Wonder if the gold would match my front tooth?

Wonder if the gold would match my front tooth?

Definately don't quote me on this, but I am sure they do custom tooth matching.

I can't believe so many people are worried about the color, when for the price difference you could have the thing custom airbrushed. Aesthetics are one of the last things I'm concerned about with an amplifier.

these amps are bad ass and the owner is pretty cool to. also the pro audio is coming this summer they are different from the rest not just some rebadged B&C Beyma selenium and whatever should be pretty good too. im surprised none here has made a thread regarding crescendo products before now.

Any word on what they are planning for the pro audio side, Ill probably just call them tomorrow (looking for one or two pairs of 6.5" Mids).

Any word on what they are planning for the pro audio side, Ill probably just call them tomorrow (looking for one or two pairs of 6.5" Mids).

I have talked to the owner a couple times they are on the way he said that they should be here in 40 to 60 days. The 3wk is a great amp and from my understanding he is going to make several more amps to come. THe pro audio is going to be sick chech the thread on car audio classifieds about them the frequencys on them are so vast you may not even need crossover networks at all. He stated to me he took the every manufacture of proaudio speakers and made his with all their positives and non of there flaws. I am definately going to cop some of the pro stuff. There are some teaser pics on there of the pro audio speakers.

Edited by dbrown23

Thanks for that little bit of information, currently I run some Oxygen (O2) Audio OM-605ND midrange and they are some of the best pro audio speakers that I have heard so far. I have listened or owned: Eminence, Beyma, Selenium and B&C speakers. The only problem with the O2 speakers is they are hard to get, I only know of a couple of places to get them and one is in Tallahassee, Fl. Since I wont be back there till next year I need some new Midrange speakers that I dont have to worry about getting them in one location that wont mail them to me if I ever needed more like right now.

Im off to check out the thread. :drink40:

He stated to me he took the every manufacture of proaudio speakers and made his with all their positives and non of there flaws.

Engineering impossibility.

Driver design like everything is a series of compromises. The driver is going to have flaws. It's a basic fact of physics. What his goals were and what he gave up to reach those goals I don't know. But that statement basically says he had a perfect driver designed....which I can tell you right now didn't (can't, and won't) happen without knowing anything more about them than that statement. If the goals for his driver align with yours, then it may very well be a great fit for your needs. But it won't be perfect.

Sounds like he's laying the marketing on pretty thick.

He stated to me he took the every manufacture of proaudio speakers and made his with all their positives and non of there flaws.

Engineering impossibility.

Driver design like everything is a series of compromises. The driver is going to have flaws. It's a basic fact of physics. What his goals were and what he gave up to reach those goals I don't know. But that statement basically says he had a perfect driver designed....which I can tell you right now didn't (can't, and won't) happen without knowing anything more about them than that statement. If the goals for his driver align with yours, then it may very well be a great fit for your needs. But it won't be perfect.

Sounds like he's laying the marketing on pretty thick.

I wouldnt say that but from the specs that he gave on car audio classifieds about the speakers and the frequency ranges they play. I can say from my experience is above and beyond what normal drivers are as far as range. And of course nothing is perfect. I know alot of people are probably sceptical about trying something new. I was at first when someone told me about sundown and all the other companies on here. ( Thanks Captain Power) I decideded to try it work case scenario if I didnt like it I would sell it. I will be buying some of the pro audio when it gets here and be righting a review about it. Also check out florida spls forum there are some Crescendo threads on there as well.

The drivers definitely do look nice and they are real beefy, Im kinda suprised that they are pro audio mids that will drop that low (seems pretty impressive so far).

I wouldnt say that but from the specs that he gave on car audio classifieds about the speakers and the frequency ranges they play. I can say from my experience is above and beyond what normal drivers are as far as range. And of course nothing is perfect. I know alot of people are probably sceptical about trying something new. I was at first when someone told me about sundown and all the other companies on here. ( Thanks Captain Power) I decided to try it work case scenario if I didnt like it I would sell it. I will be buying some of the pro audio when it gets here and be righting a review about it. Also check out florida spls forum there are some Crescendo threads on there as well.

Do you have a link to any actual "specs" for these magical speakers other than the frequency range he posted in the one thread I found (I admittedly didn't search over there, that thread just happened to be right at the top on their forum).

He doesn't give any specifics as far as how that frequency range was determined. Did he go by -3db points in the response? -10db points? How is the distortion performance within that frequency range? What is the cone break up like? How flat is the response within that bandwidth? Any manufacturer can throw out any "rated" frequency response that they want as there's no set standard for determining that range. Hell, some sub manufacturers rate their 12" subwoofers up to several kilohertz even though they realistically aren't going to be worth a shit in that range due to inductance/cone break up/beaming/etc. A manufacturer could "rate" a tweeter for response down to 20hz since it will technically play that frequency. Without any more clarification on how that frequency bandwidth was determined, or a response and impedance graph, just writing numbers on a forum is pretty useless.

The drivers definitely do look nice and they are real beefy, Im kinda suprised that they are pro audio mids that will drop that low (seems pretty impressive so far).

Rule #1 of driver design compromises; Hoffman's Iron Law. I would be interested to see how he's rating the frequency response and what the sensitivity of these "pro audio" drivers are, as good low frequency response and high sensitivity are contradictory performance terms. This is the reason, based on the laws of physics that I can promise he did not defy, that most "pro audio" mids do not perform well at low frequencies. Their high sensitivity necessarily excludes them from having good low frequency response.

Oh, and I would highly recommend against trying to run any 6.5"+ drivers up to or over (or anywhere close to) 5khz.

Rule #1 of driver design compromises; Hoffman's Iron Law. I would be interested to see how he's rating the frequency response and what the sensitivity of these "pro audio" drivers are, as good low frequency response and high sensitivity are contradictory performance terms. This is the reason, based on the laws of physics that I can promise he did not defy, that most "pro audio" mids do not perform well at low frequencies. Their high sensitivity necessarily excludes them from having good low frequency response.

Oh, and I would highly recommend against trying to run any 6.5"+ drivers up to or over (or anywhere close to) 5khz.

Im definitely with you on what the sensitivity will be considering any pro audio drivers that are 6.5" dont have a low frequency response and if they do such as the Seleniums 6wp4's then they do lack a high sensitivity. Considering that is one of the paramters he left out Im thinking that he did that for a reason, knowing they would be lower than normal or whats expected. Im still curious to see what he has, it may fit my needs/goals or it may not. But thanks for your input as it is always helpful and eye opening to gullable individual like myself who is still learning more about speakers and how to decipher there T/S Parameters.

lets not forget these are pro audio speakers not some rainbow type sq speakers. at the end of the day they are made to do one thing and thats get loud. and i highly doubt he would spend money designing a shitty speaker while having nice amps. but im a super noob compared to impious and he knows he's shit from other post ive read

lets not forget these are pro audio speakers not some rainbow type sq speakers. at the end of the day they are made to do one thing and thats get loud. and i highly doubt he would spend money designing a shitty speaker while having nice amps. but im a super noob compared to impious and he knows he's shit from other post ive read

Definitely not worried about SQ and I understand what the Pro Audio drivers are intended and designed for, just waiting for there release right about now.

I talked to Navid the owner of Crescendo and he told me that the speakers will be here in the US in 30 days. Its funny we are just descussing speakers and it seems to have turned into a big technical dispute around specs and so forth. Either you can try them or not thats everyones choice. I have talked to Navid on several occassions and I was just passing on information that I was told. If I am correct this whole thread was about people wanting ot know about Crescendo. If your so eager to prove that the owner is full of BS buy some speakers and write us all a review with your opinion and let us know how they rate on your scale!!! You got 30 days to make your mind up.