1-800-291-4080

/////Alpine support doesn't fuck around, very good people.

I like your choice of words :D

That's always good to hear though that a company is serious about helping their customers and not screwing them over.

I've called them many times for help, got what i needed and more.

Almost makes me want to slap an /////Alpine sticker on my truck lol

i can't really get a full tilt w/ the bass hitting reading because it doesnt hit long enough to make the voltage drop so it stays at a constant 14 v

play test tones until you can recreate it cutting out?

i'll call alpine the first of the week and then we'll see what they say

I'd bet your wiring is jacked. Pretty much guaranteed you aren't supplying that amp with enough power to do what you are trying to do. Either fix that or turn the gains down. Perhaps way down.

Post a complete description of what you have done, haven't, etc. If you can't do that, well then you are a prime candidate to pay someone to do your installs for you.

I'd bet your wiring is jacked. Pretty much guaranteed you aren't supplying that amp with enough power to do what you are trying to do. Either fix that or turn the gains down. Perhaps way down.

Post a complete description of what you have done, haven't, etc. If you can't do that, well then you are a prime candidate to pay someone to do your installs for you.

ONLY have someone you TRUST 110% to do your install.. local shops WILL FUCK YOU. Bad grounds.. resulting in your nice ass equipment going :suicide-santa:

For example: Audio Express, Home Of The One Dollar Wire Fire!

Edited by BanginGMC

Your problem is not clipping. Cutting out is a better term. Clipping describes a signal wave shape, whereas in your case you are getting no signal at all.

Is the amp going into protect when it cuts out?

Couple possibilities- Insufficient ground (did you scrape off the paint at the grounding point and ground to a solid piece of metal?)

Insufficient power supply. What size alternator and battery do you have? What size power wire? Is the voltage you see at 14v just your dash meter? If so, get a voltmeter and test directly at the amp's power and ground leads as the music is playing.

Bad amp

^ this is what I was getting at before some seriously stupid shit was being posted.

Whats your voltage look like at full tilt.

Check your ground.

Try playing it at the volume just below the volume when it cut's out.

Then look at the voltage.(while you're almost at full tilt playing without it shutting off.)

i've got a voltmeter. and probably some of the metal was scraped off when i made the ground because i had to drill out the hole on the ring terminal to make it fit on the bolt

and i've got 2 batteries they're both just some interstate ones. nothing special

and my alternator is 136 amp. im saving up to buy a new alt and new batteries

Edited by pdubb

What size power wire do you have installed? Did you do the "Big 3"? As ///M5 said you have a wiring issue.

ive got 0/1 awg and i've done the big 3