smashedz28

fuse for saz1500d

I know sundown recommends a fuse 8 inches before their amp.. I was told once before 150A is just fine... Im running the knukonceptz 1/0 KLMX cable (250a).. I started talkin about this to some other people off the internet and they keep tryin to tell me its way too much lol.. i think their full of it cause they also tell me 1/0 is overkill for any system lol. just want some clarification on this, thank you. Amp will be mounted maybe 1.5 ft from back battery and wired directly to it with a fuse.

no need to worry!

You're on the right way !

I have 0 ga from my battery to the dist block in the trunk. I have 2 2 ga wires fused with a 80 amp fuse going o my saz 1500 because I did not have the right distribution block and the right fuse (150-160 amp).

Your system should be better.

alright, 150 it is lol. thanks.

I know sundown recommends a fuse 8 inches before their amp.. I was told once before 150A is just fine... Im running the knukonceptz 1/0 KLMX cable (250a).. I started talkin about this to some other people off the internet and they keep tryin to tell me its way too much lol.. i think their full of it cause they also tell me 1/0 is overkill for any system lol. just want some clarification on this, thank you. Amp will be mounted maybe 1.5 ft from back battery and wired directly to it with a fuse.

I myself would use 1/0

Here is a link you may find useful...

American wire gauge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also, when it come to this and most projects I'd rather have a bit of overkill than to be lacking...

If you are on Caraudio. com then ban yourself permanently.

But overkill on wiring never harms anything, it only has benifits.

And if you're amp has 150 amps worth of fusing then it would be recomended to fuse the wire with a 150 amp fuse.

But if the amp has built in fuses then you can also use a 250amp fuse to protect you're wires. (if they short, the fuse will blow instead of you're wires sparking all over the place and creating fire hazard.)

Don't seek advice from those "other people on the internet" ever again. Not only is 150 amps not too big, but 1/0 is the best wire size for your system. Any smaller and you would see some voltage drop, any bigger is most likely overkill.

Whoever told you that 1/0 was overkill should be dragged out into the street and pooped on.