jjcross45

best amp for 2 l7s

im looking to buy an amp (preferably under 400) thats gonna push two 2 ohm l7s, each wired down to 1 0hm. whats my best investment? need wisdom....

Man you didn't even put what fuckin size they are. Put some effort into a post. :banhim: :banhim: :banhim:

like i said. need wisdom..... there 12s, wired to 1 ohm,in sealed slant enclosure.

like i said. need wisdom..... there 12s, wired to 1 ohm,in sealed slant enclosure.

If you want to get loud off of them you're going to need to get a big amp which means you need a big ALT and big batteries.

i was afraid about the ALT, id rather add another optima. but i really need some wisdom on what to pick.

If your on a tight budget. Look into the hifonics or AudioQ or Audiopipe

Are L7s single voice coil or dual voice coil. What you say you are buying would be single and I thought they were only dual. If they are dual then you need to get dual 4ohm versions and not dual 2ohm since you plan on wiring it to 1ohm.

Edited by Miller

Are L7s single voice coil or dual voice coil. What you say you are buying would be single and I thought they were only dual. If they are dual then you need to get dual 1ohm versions and not dual 2ohm since you plan on wiring it to 1ohm.

Yup. L7 are DVC but i think he wants two amps not really sure he really needs to read the NOOB guidelines

Oh.. Ok. I thought he was wanting to run with a single amp. I guess I should read better.

i dont really know because amps that do power at 2 ohms are expensive. See when comes back to join his post :ehh:

He stated them as Dual 2 each how can he wire them at 1 ohm???

Edited by cheese20323

Well if you plan on wiring 2 of these to 1ohm then get the dual 4ohm version and I would second the AQ2200 for a good budget amp. I would definitely recommend it over hifonics. There are many budget options just let us know if you are looking for a single amp wired to 1ohm for sure so we can be sure we are pointing you at correct amps.

im wanting (1) single amp, both 2 ohm l7s wired down to 1 ohm. Wouldnt that be better wiring it in that series? or is there a better way to wire, cause i already have one of the 2 subs and im not taking it back.

Oh.. Ok. I thought he was wanting to run with a single amp. I guess I should read better.

i dont really know because amps that do power at 2 ohms are expensive. See when comes back to join his post :ehh:

He stated them as Dual 2 each how can he wire them at 1 ohm???

he ment wire each sub to 1 ohm individually

im wanting (1) single amp, both 2 ohm l7s wired down to 1 ohm. Wouldnt that be better wiring it in that series? or is there a better way to wire, cause i already have one of the 2 subs and im not taking it back.

i think you dont understand how to wire the subs. each sub's vc would be wired in parallel to 1 ohm each. then the subs would be wired in series to a final load of 2ohms. or you can wire the vc in series to 4 ohms and the subs in parallel to 2 ohms.

Hifonics BRZ1700.1D Amp: Mono - Car Amplifiers at Onlinecarstereo.com

they will like that.... i like hifonics they have been good to me soo far

this is just an example, not a recommendation of a product, but you could run 1 amps that make power at 1ohm (so 1 amp per sub). there are cheaper and better options then the link provided imo.

I'm guessing dual 2s then, you need to say that, we can't assume that 2 ohm L7s means dvc 2, unless you mean d 1s wired in series/parallel. If d 1s, I still suggest an AQ2200d, if d2s, maybe an alpine mrp-2000? I think they are 2000 rms at 2 ohms and run about 400 if I'm not mistaken. If you haven't bought the second sub, have you considered a completely different set up? There might be a cheaper and better alternative for your goals.

You are going to have to either get 2 amps that put out power at 1 ohm or 1 amp that puts out power at 2 ohm (kicker) or 1 amp that is 1 ohm stable that can put out the power you want at 2 ohm (this will be expensive)

Audiopipe is another alternative, but I also like the idea of strapping the hifonics amps. Still think he should maybe consider a new set up. Then again I am biased against kicker, just a personal choice no one jump on me haha.

junk the sealed box and go ported with thekicker 1500.1 and u should be good

Just get a Power Acoustik A3000DB or a Lanzar Opti 2000D. Both amps will play .5 ohm all day and toss out over 2000 watts when needed. They are also under $300 new. So if you have dual 2 ohm L7's, you are good to go :)

Just get a Power Acoustik A3000DB or a Lanzar Opti 2000D. Both amps will play .5 ohm all day and toss out over 2000 watts when needed. They are also under $300 new. So if you have dual 2 ohm L7's, you are good to go :)

You shure about those amp options arnt the best quality dont want a crappy single and clip your subs to death. Audiopipe 3000d would be my option! have a little more power running to your subs and turn your gain down lower so it wont send a clipping single out!