Sign in to follow this  
Smitty

Buying a new 4 channel

I need to buy a new 4-channnel amplifier and I think i've narrowed it down to three amps and was wondering which would have the best sq.

1.I-450 - Zapco iForce Series 360 Watt Amplifier

2.Memphis 16-PR4.50

3.Kicker 08ZX350.4

Can anyone vouch for these amplifiers and if anyone has any other suggestions tell me. I need an amp that can put out around 75-100rms at 2 ohms for around $200 or less

Need more info ... What type of component set you going with ??

Channels for front and rear or both channels for front stage ??

As much info you can give will be helpful

I need to buy a new 4-channnel amplifier and I think i've narrowed it down to three amps and was wondering which would have the best sq.

1.I-450 - Zapco iForce Series 360 Watt Amplifier

2.Memphis 16-PR4.50

3.Kicker 08ZX350.4

Can anyone vouch for these amplifiers and if anyone has any other suggestions tell me. I need an amp that can put out around 75-100rms at 2 ohms for around $200 or less

The zapco FTW out of those amps. There are plenty more that will do that power with decent SQ. What is it for? I just bought a couple MB Quart DSC amps off caraudiodeals.com for $260 combined, shipped. Pretty sweet deal and they are used by a lot of people. Sundown 50.4, ED Nine.4, and some ARC Audio FD series (really clean, woofersetc has the FD 2100 for $99 so two of those would set you right) are good choices as well. I would say the Zapco, sundown, ED, and ARC amps are all underrated too.

I am running the DSC4125 and love it. Got it for $160 shipped on ebay. Hella good deal.

:fing34:

I am running the DSC4125 and love it. Got it for $160 shipped on ebay. Hella good deal.

:fing34:

Good to hear you love it, I got that and the DSC 480 coming in hopefully tomorrow. Should be enough for my front stage ::D: 500 a side for midbass and the other bridged on horns haha.

I'm running a dsc 450 right now and it sounds like crap, sounded so bad I unhooked all my amps. I figured it was the amp, but mabey it's something else. Do you guys think I should just invest in some new speaker wire instead, i've been running a shitty pyle 4 channel kit for several years now? BTW my speakers are jbl power series, a pair of of 6x9 and a pair of 6.5's

Hell yeah man.

Let me know how you like them. I think they are the best bang for the buck out there right now.

Let me know how you like the horns too. I am about (-) this close to pissing off the wife and buying more shit.

I really like the Dynaudio set I have now, but it is nowhere near loud enough for the 18's.

I'm running a dsc 450 right now and it sounds like crap, sounded so bad I unhooked all my amps. I figured it was the amp, but mabey it's something else. Do you guys think I should just invest in some new speaker wire instead, i've been running a shitty pyle 4 channel kit for several years now? BTW my speakers are jbl power series, a pair of of 6x9 and a pair of 6.5's

I doubt it's the amp. Prolly your set up.

Amps dont change sound like some think they do. They are not processors. They just amplify the signal you send them.

and was wondering which would have the best sq.

Don't purchase amplifiers based on supposed "sound quality".

More information about how these amplifiers will be used would be helpful. Just off hand I can't say any one of those would be extremely high on my "to buy" list primarily due to the limited power output capabilities compared to my preferences.....but I'm a big fan of headroom. Also, must it be a single 4-channel, or are you open to the idea of two 2-channel amplifiers?

Well something is definatley messing up the signal in my car cause I know my system is set up right cause it sound great before then everything just started sounding more and more distorted. I replaced my battery and it sounded good for like half a day then sounded like crap again. I always have some pros hook up my stuff for me. I'm bout to order some knu-concepts and have all the wiring redone, hopefully this will solve my problem.

Double check your wiring, especially grounds to the amps and rca's. Make sure the rca's didn't get pinched or something similar. Also check the polarity on your speakers to make sure they are all in phase.

If it sounded good to you before, then yes something is jacked.

Some "pro's" are in reality anything but. My suggestion......learn to do it yourself. You will be 10 x's the "pro" they are with practice and patience.

"Pro's" want to do it as quick as they can. It once took me a whole weekend to install a set of 6.5" components. A "pro" would go broke trying to do that.

and was wondering which would have the best sq.

Don't purchase amplifiers based on supposed "sound quality".

More information about how these amplifiers will be used would be helpful. Just off hand I can't say any one of those would be extremely high on my "to buy" list primarily due to the limited power output capabilities compared to my preferences.....but I'm a big fan of headroom. Also, must it be a single 4-channel, or are you open to the idea of two 2-channel amplifiers?

Yeah, headroom makes everything better! Do you have 2 ohm speakers or something? Otherwise you could bridge 2 4 channels, or 2 2 channels as impious is suggesting. Even a 6 channel, send more power to your front components if you are set on having both front and rear speakers.

If it sounded good to you before, then yes something is jacked.

Some "pro's" are in reality anything but. My suggestion......learn to do it yourself. You will be 10 x's the "pro" they are with practice and patience.

"Pro's" want to do it as quick as they can. It once took me a whole weekend to install a set of 6.5" components. A "pro" would go broke trying to do that.

x100000

Are you running active components or do you have passive crossovers to go with the components?? If you are running passive you only need a 2 channel amp for front stage (6 1/2 and tweet). you running more than that ??