notloudenuff

im looking for a good 2000+ amp, any ideas?

i need an amp to push my 15" btl fully loaded dual 2ohm. i cant post in the fs/wtb section so i figured i would try to see what my options are this way.

i am looking for something that is 2000w+ @1 ohm stable and not too power hungry.

i have two yellow tops, 220 amp alt and all 0g wire (including "the big 3") i sit at about 14.4 volts with the truck at an idle and 3 viar compressors runnin.

im lookin to spend about 350 shipped.

if you think of any that might wok for me please post them up.

not sure if i can buy one from anyone on here cause of my lack of post but if i can just send me a pm.

thnx.

Look into Sundown. DB-R might have some refurbs for sale.

There are other amps that make that kind of power.

American Bass

AudioPipe

Digital Designs

to name a few.

Your budget is kinda low for 2000 watts of power or more, is that all your willing to spend on an amp (dont get a good sub then half ass on an amp).

My way of thinking is buy the baddest ass amplifiers I can find and then find drivers to match. EVERYTHING revolves around the quality of the amplifiers.

My way of thinking is buy the baddest ass amplifiers I can find and then find drivers to match. EVERYTHING revolves around the quality of the amplifiers.

Thats the backwards way of thinking. You should buy the best driver that fits your needs then match it with an amplifier.

Everything revolves around you amps sir. Wiring, Charging, Fusing, Number of batteries, better grounding. You honestly tell me with the list you have in your sig. is that you personally wouldn't find the best amp for your needs before you bought all the other stuff ??

I'm not talking SQ here. I'm talking SPL.

I honestly found out the sub I wanted that fit the preferences I wanted then figured out the box I wanted it to go in and then last I found the amp I wanted. I agree that a good reliable amp is important but it is not the first thing you should plan. The sub/speakers are what play the sound you are looking for and they are all geared for different preferences. The amp is just feeding the power to the sub/speakers and not actually making the sound. The first thing you plan should not be the amp in my opinion but I may be corrected here very quickly.

sundown 3k.. you can pick them up used now for pretty reasonable..

Wouldn't that get hot?

That's a pretty poor method and recommendation.

Drivers first, then amplifier. Not the other way around.

i need an amp to push my 15" btl fully loaded dual 2ohm. i cant post in the fs/wtb section so i figured i would try to see what my options are this way.

i am looking for something that is 2000w+ @1 ohm stable and not too power hungry.

i have two yellow tops, 220 amp alt and all 0g wire (including "the big 3") i sit at about 14.4 volts with the truck at an idle and 3 viar compressors runnin.

not sure if i can buy one from anyone on here cause of my lack of post but if i can just send me a pm.

thnx.

Is this for competing, or daily driving?

If it's daily driving, you could possibly relax your power requirements some as the difference between, say, 1500w and 2000w won't be audible.

sundown 3k.. you can pick them up used now for pretty reasonable..

Wouldn't that get hot?

And why would it get hot?

Your budget is kinda low for 2000 watts of power or more, is that all your willing to spend on an amp (dont get a good sub then half ass on an amp).

350 is all the future wife is allowing me to spend on an amp right now, i got a wedding to pay for in a few months.lol

thnx.

Is this for competing, or daily driving?

If it's daily driving, you could possibly relax your power requirements some as the difference between, say, 1500w and 2000w won't be audible.

its for both, well kinda. it is going to go in my show truck/weekend cruiser. but i only hit one or two comps a season (not very many happen in wi that i know of)

American Bass

AudioPipe

Digital Designs

to name a few.

i was on all last night tryin to find amps and the only ones i could find in my price range were the audiopipe 3000.1 and i havent heard much about them good or bad. on top of that im really not a fan of the tacky looks.lol

American Bass

AudioPipe

Digital Designs

to name a few.

i was on all last night tryin to find amps and the only ones i could find in my price range were the audiopipe 3000.1 and i havent heard much about them good or bad. on top of that im really not a fan of the tacky looks.lol

Audipipe 3000.1 is STOUT for the price. It's actually two 1500.1's strapped together. She does her rated power according to the "clamping tests" post I've read in the past. It's a lot stronger than the AQ2200, a decent bit stronger than the a3000DB, but a lil weaker than the Crunch GP3000Pro. Here's the guts, for $300 she's a monster.

SANY0369.jpg

I guess the only suggestion that I could give now is :

From someone married happily for 16 years, wait till after the wedding, she will be all happy then, then just find the amp you want and not have to worry about a budget.

I guess the only suggestion that I could give now is :

From someone married happily for 16 years, wait till after the wedding, she will be all happy then, then just find the amp you want and not have to worry about a budget.

i thought about going that route but then i remembered i have a couple shows that i want to hit with the truck before the wedding so i need something soon, then after the wedding i will invest in a better amp if im not happy with whatever one i get.

the only ones i can find new right now in my 350 range is:

audiopipe ap30001d

massive audio p30001

i wouldnt mind a used amp but i cant seem to find any that have been suggested.

The Audioque 2200D is $389 shipped to your door. . .You better pocket $5-10 here and there instead of having a beer or eating out for lunch and get one. . .