Im looking for a component set. with the addition of this 18" BTL its damn near impossible to hear high end over the bass this thing outputs.. I went to some stereo shops to see some products up close.. saw a set of the Fosgate power 6.5's.. has the driver, tweeter and crossover network.. price in store is crazy, but found the same set on the internet alot cheaper. Im concerned how they hook up as ive never had a pair of components before. Do you just use 1 channel of your amp per door.. Let me explain what i mean more.. go here My link see how the crossover box has 2 inputs and 2 outputs.. i just got done running all new wire to each door to a 4 ch amp.. will i have to consider another amp and run another set of wires into each door to use these? I thought they took 1 input and had the 2 outputs. Sorry for the noob question just my first time with components.

yes 1channel per set of door! so if you have front left and front right you only need a 2 channel amp!

you run some 16awg wire to the crossover and into tthe woofer area and then jump from the woofer area to the tweeter area with a piece of 16awg wire about 1inch long depending on the distance away!

and don't forget to use sound deadener!!!!!!

RF's site is down so I can't look at the manual, but the dual inputs are probably to allow the option of bi-amping.

You should be fine with only one channel from amplifier to crossover. The manual would explain what inputs to use.

yea i noticed it was down also that was where i went first. appreciate you looking. anyone else have experience with this and can help me id appreciate it.

bi-amping..shouldn't there be a toggle switch or somethign on the back to turn it on or off? (lol how would you know this without the site being up lol sorry )

and do you know what by-amping means?

Yeah there should be either a toggle switch for normal or bi-amping operation, or in the case of my JL XR components, there is a jumper inside the case that you just have to switch over.

ya same with my zapco components there is a jumper whihc is a pain in the @$$ to get to lol

hmmm zapco components.. used to be a huge fan of the old zapco stuff :) with all this ssa/fi/sundown/incriminator audio stuff ive had my eyes on i may have forgot about my old favorite :) how's the zapco components sound?

just like sex! lol! the only thing better is hat audio (hybrid audio tech) or dls iodine.. i think you spell it off hand!

just like sex! lol! the only thing better is hat audio (hybrid audio tech) or dls iodine.. i think you spell it off hand!

Crap, there are tons of things that are better. Better than the HAT as well.

okay to rephrase what i have said they are the best I HAVE heard! compared to the numerous amout of comps i have heard. and i do like hat and dls over zapco but zapco fell into my price range at the time i was looking!

so i am sure there are much better comps but i heaven't heard them so i am not going to compare to something i havent' heard!!!!

I'm lookin into the zapco 6.2 iforce I think there called. I know zapco makes better ones but those are too expensive at this point, not to mention I've never owned a single component set in my life. I'll get the cheaper till I know what I'm doin for sure. No way I'm spendin damn near $400 to experement with. I'll learn on the $160~ set