sundownz

My CRX + Magic Box From the Jeep

So... I got tired of not going to any shows so I've thrown something in the CRX. Took my "magic box" from the Jeep and threw my prototype Monster 15" in there as it was the only D1 sub I found laying around and powered it with the prototype 2500D.

CIMG3677.JPG

* Stinger SPP1500 under the hood with oval 1/0 Stinger flex wire -- one run power and one run ground to the back.

CIMG3678.JPG

* Upgraded factory ground wire here too.

CIMG3679.JPG

* Got it in behind the b-pillar. SAX-100.4 under the box.

CIMG3680.JPG

* Wire mess with distribution blocks.

CIMG3681.JPG

* Magic box in all of it's glory.

CIMG3682.JPG

* SAZ-2500D is under these boards. Just threw this in quickly with scraps to test.

... drum roll ...

CIMG3683.JPG

* Also did 150.1 but didn't take photo... clamped ~1300 watts of power. Big rise + lacking electrical = not alot of power.

Peaking at 52 Hz... not right for the CRX at all -- but interestingly this is MORE efficient than the same box in my Jeep. So I may just keep adding power to it :)

Interior in the back is stripped to prepare for dampening... so hopefully I can get results of dampening addition soon! Second Skin Damplifier Pro of course!

Oh yah... stock alternator too... need to get a big one on here as I cannot get that many batteries to fit.

Cool man looks good. Should be great with some more power also!! What you looking at adding to it? a 4500 ;):shrug:

More power later... really need to do some dampening before I get too much farther with it.

that box looks crazy :popcorn:

So... I got tired of not going to any shows so I've thrown something in the CRX. Took my "magic box" from the Jeep and threw my prototype Monster 15" in there as it was the only D1 sub I found laying around and powered it with the prototype 2500D.

* Also did 150.1 but didn't take photo... clamped ~1300 watts of power. Big rise + lacking electrical = not alot of power.

Peaking at 52 Hz... not right for the CRX at all -- but interestingly this is MORE efficient than the same box in my Jeep. So I may just keep adding power to it :)

So did you start with a .5 nominal load or a 2 ohm load? just curious.

Edited by kross6622

i wish i could hit a 150 with only 1300 watts. Very jealous. How big is your magic box? or is that secret

that wiring you used under the hood and in the rear is it flat?

Yep - it is the flat stuff. It was nice to run under the carpet... but the main reason I used it is that I got a great deal on it :)

o wow that wire looks awesome and sexy!! and it is funny b/c it almsot looks like knu stuff when they had there flat wire lol

thanks for the link!!

and nice work Jacob!

Cool. I like how you can throw some half assed shit together and put our systems to shame. :suicide-santa:

lol keep in mind this is a crx after all with a prototype sub in there lol!

awesome ... :drink40:

crx a competition vehicle or a daily driver ??

comp is what i would call that car! lol

I would really like to see a bandpass / quarter wave wall in a crx ....

awesome ... :drink40:

crx a competition vehicle or a daily driver ??

Both. I drive it every day as it gets awesome gas mileage.

Thats why I'm glad to have a company vehicle... That chevy of mine was killing me in gas, I park it as much as possible...