Sign in to follow this  
strong*I*bumpin

Just Could Not Believe What happened....

I'm driving to work,all of a sudden NO bass.Well I get to work,pop the trunk and see the sub sitting upright next to box.The driver came loose from the box,I could not believe my eyes.Later that evening when I got home I screwed the sub back onto the box,turned the system on,went back to trunk,all I hear is rattling.Man I'm so pissed,anyways I emailed Nick to find out how much it would cost to fix,lets see what happens.Man I love that sub and just got the Brutus for it too,just had to let it out,thanx for listening :( !

sad to hear :(

is it in a sealed box or ported maybe try useing T-nuts next time...

im sure Mr.Nick will fix you up right...

good luck

jamie

Lou, check your email again. I just sent you another reply.

And I second the notion of using different screws to help hold the driver to the box a little better. If it was that loose, you more-than-likely had air leaks.

:lol: the same thing happened to me b4 it was funny cuz i just happened to go to the car audio store, and the guy looked in there, haha, he was like well thats not good, blah blah blah, it was funny

wow thats crazy I have not had that happen me

spider rip?

Hopefully it was a tough lil bastard and held up and just tore from the spider landing...

Edited by I8apony19

1st for me too,what probably happened was I must've screwed the sub to the box by lining it up with the same holes time after time so my guess is they were stripped(dam* MDF) .Oh well another lesson learned in the world of car audio and yes she will be FIXED,oh yeah she will be FIXED!

Lou, check your email again. I just sent you another reply.

And I second the notion of using different screws to help hold the driver to the box a little better. If it was that loose, you more-than-likely had air leaks.

Thanx Nick,got it,probably send the sub out to u on Monday