hondakilla98

1995 Cadillac Eldorado Build

I just bought a 95 Cadillac Eldorado. It has the factory amplified system in it, so I have to run all new wires, amp, speakers, etc. I'm still trying to decide what i'm going to run in it. So far I'm thinking an Alpine IXA-W404 for the head unit, PXA-H100 eq, a set of focal 165a1 components running active, a dsc480 or dsc4125 to run the front stage, my saz-1500d to run the sub stage and probably 1 15" ported through the back deck or one sealed 18". For electrical, it has a new Interstate 800 cca main battery, I'll put my kinetic HC1400 in the trunk, run 1/0 main power and do the big three in 1/0. Here are some pics, and feel free to comment on my planned system. Also I'm wondering how much of an output difference I'll see going from having my sub in an suv to being in a closed up trunk.

eldopassside.jpg

eldopassbackside.jpg

eldobackside.jpg

eldodriversied.jpg

eldofrontdriverside.jpg

eldofrontpassside.jpg

eldointerior.jpg

eldotrunk.jpg

Edited by hondakilla98

jealous of your vehicle... :fing34:

i wanted one so badly but i got too much snow where i go to school to get one.... one day :wub:

I always loved Cadillacs, enjoy it :woot: . Sounds like your headed in a good direction with your plans so far.

jealous of your vehicle... :fing34:

i wanted one so badly but i got too much snow where i go to school to get one.... one day :wub:

Best part is, It has 91,000 miles and I only paid $2k. I love ebay.

did you already sell your jeep?

did you already sell your jeep?

I'm working on a deal with a friend now. But I'm 90% sure it's sold.

Good score on the Caddy!!! Now you have an excuse to start on a new project.hehe.popcorn.gif

Is that fine corenthian leather???? lol

Nice ride.

awesome ... very clean caddy ... :drink40:

Thanks for all the compliments. I should have some money out of my jeep to start buying my new system soon. Right now I'm trying to decide which deck I want. I'm looking at the ixa-w404 and the ixa-w407. Then i'll buy a 4 channel to run my mids, right now I'm leaning towards the dsc480. With the system in the jeep, I wanted more output, but the cadillac is so much quieter inside I dont' think I'll need more. Expecially since I plan on deadening the whole car and putting mlv and ccf throughout the cabin.

Does it have a Digi dash? You needa get that outer trim panel too! ;) other then that it looks like on sexy piece of ace :D

love the cadi! alomst bought one but got a 2002 seville sts instead. the eldo is classic!

Nice looking car...................for only $2000 ? What a Good deal!!fing34.gif

the interior and the leather seem in good shape.

What do you have under the hood ? Big power ?

Nice, I used to have a 97.... tore that thing apart with all the systems I had in it lol. If you need any help with it let me know, I know those cars inside and out. Gotta love flex =)

Does it have a Digi dash? You needa get that outer trim panel too! ;) other then that it looks like on sexy piece of ace :D

The Tach and Speedo are analog, but it has a digital display on the bottom that can display a bunch of different info, and can be used for pulling codes. Theres also a digital fuel econ on one side and digital auto climate control on the other. So kinda.

I just started looking for the trim piece at local yards. Hopefully I can find one.

Nice looking car...................for only $2000 ? What a Good deal!!fing34.gif

the interior and the leather seem in good shape.

What do you have under the hood ? Big power ?

It has the 4.6L DOHC 32 valve V8 Northstar 275 hp and 300 ft lb of torque.

Nice, I used to have a 97.... tore that thing apart with all the systems I had in it lol. If you need any help with it let me know, I know those cars inside and out. Gotta love flex =)

I'll probably be hitting you up soon.

Edited by hondakilla98

I won an alpine IXA-W407, PXA-H100, and KTX-H100 on eBay. They should be here on friday. :woot: Next on the list is a 4 channel amp. I just need to decide which one I want. the MB DSC480 or DSC4125. For now, the 480 would be plenty. The problem is I'm not sure what my front stage will be later, and if I end up with 8ohm drivers the extra power would be nice. There's about a $50 difference between them in price.

I would go with the MB Quart 4125, never hurts to have more power for front stage.

I would go with the MB Quart 4125, never hurts to have more power for front stage.

I think your right. Especially after looking at the Exodus Anarchy 6.5's yesterday with 125 watt rms max. I think I'll have to buy the 4125.

Very nice looking Caddy!

Tuned in for the build!

popcorn.gif

May want to consider fiber glassing a sealed enclosure for the doors where the bottom pocket is. The doors are a pain to deaden and there is like a 10x8" square where you would put the mids. It can frustrating getting it to fit right, and then the clips on the doors break off with ease especially after time. I had a tough time get mid-bass I was satisfied with until I did pods.

Edited by The727Kid

My doors don't have a pocket on the bottom. Just carpet and then a speaker grille. I wonder if the door itself is any different since mine is a 95.

Yea, forgot about that. The interior changed in 96, actual door I would imagine is the same.

Edited by The727Kid

I thought the ktx 100 was like a small amp for the speakers.

Will you use it with a 4 ch amp ?

100 or 125 watts will probably sound the same to your ears.

Yea, forgot about that. The interior changed in 96, actual door I would imagine is the same.

We'll find out soon enough. I'm headed to a few local yards in search of parts in the next few days.

I thought the ktx 100 was like a small amp for the speakers.

Will you use it with a 4 ch amp ?

100 or 125 watts will probably sound the same to your ears.

The ktx-h100 is a tuning package consisting of a mic, usb cable, and software cd for your computer. Your thinking of the ktp-445, which is the 45x4 power pack.

Yes I'm going to use a 4 channel amp, that's why i posted that i had decided on the DSC4125 instead of the DSC480. Which is 4x125 and 4x80(not 4x100). And I may still not be able to hear the difference, but at least i'll have more headroom. And that's always a good thing. The DSC4125 would also make a decent sub amp for 2 subs in the future with 2x500.

Edited by hondakilla98

I got my iXA-W407, PXA-H100 and KTX-H100 from ebay. They are in as new condition. I also ordered a DSC4125 off ebay today. I looked at my front doors today and they have a plate with one 5.25" and a 1" tweet. Now I have to decide what to do with my doors. The speaker grill opening is only 6" accross. So I'm debating on what to do with the doors. I think I'll try my hand at fiberglass, or maybe see if I can cut out the door panel just enough to clear the speaker. But that will come after I get my power wire run, big 3 done, speaker wire, rca's, etc all in and ready. I don't want to go without any stereo any longer than I have to. I'm also looking at buying a second battery for the trunk. Since I'm leaving my HC1400 in the jeep and I don't think the HC800 will be enough.