Sign in to follow this  
BASSnoob

2 fi Q's 15 rubicon2500 question

hey im new to the bass world.. just wanted to say hello :woot::noob:

have a question for you guys.. what subs would be good to run with a soundstream rubicon 2500 at 1 ohm.. i was thinking of running 2 15 inch fi Q,s but the sales people told me the subs would prob blow out becuase of the power of the amp.. I have a dual 2.31 cubic feet box per box. sealed.. i was wondering what other subs are my options bedsides the fi q in sealed box. :noob:

thanks guys

Welcome .... :drink40:

What goals are you looking for out of your sub setup?

Those subs would be fine. You can always limit the power output of the amplifier with the gain knob.

thanks guys.. my goals are just plain solid sound quality but also want it to be loud.. i like the vibration of bass the way it massages my body.. its like having a full body massage in my car as i come from a stressful day of work. got a 2.3cf box per sub. sealed will be facing the subs towards the truck of lid will be dynamating for sure prob 2-4 layers of dynamat. but yeah thats pretty much my goal.. daily driver but want it to be loud enough to massage my body. im currently running 2 MTX Audio TR7515 running a RF FOSGATE POWER 1000.1 AMP but want to upgrade to FI Q ive been hearing they are really good on handling a lot of power and sounding great on sealed box. I listen to what is called trap music.. its music from the sound like young jeezy lil boozy etc.. they hit very hard.. so yeah.. those are my goals :D

the sales people have told me not to buy the fi q because ill be running into problems with such a big amp.. is that true?

Read my post above. The salespeople are trying to do their job, which is to sell you their own products. But they have to discourage you from buying other things first.

how about the 15 INCH ASCENDANT HAVOC? THEY ARE BY THE SAME COMPANY BUT CAN HANDLE MORE POWER.. DO YOU THINK THOSE ARE BETTER THEN THE FI Q?

sorry to ask so many questions its just that i want to have subs that will last me a year or so..

Last you a year? Any of these subs with the proper power applied will last forever.

It seems like your going about this the wrong way, you only want subs to last you for a year. What is your budget as well?

:WELCOME:

:WELCOME:

i just bought the FI Q with all the options.. especially since it gets hot out here in arizona.. ive never spent so much on a sub $345 a peace ooh my.. i hope they are worth it.