chad1208

System performance question?

Ok, New to the site do hello everyone. I am currently deployed and have a question. I have a standard cab Chevy Colorado, during my first deployment i had a kicker ZX700.5 installed and it ran my to kicker L5 10'' and my Alpine Type X components. Not sure how loud it was but i enjoyed them to the fullest for the past 4 years. Well i am deployed yet again and got bored, so i decided a up grade was needed. Here is my questions...how well of a up grade did i do? I now have 2 Kicker L7 10" in the same box, and a ZX1500.1. That was easy simply becouse the box had the old amp counter sunk in it..the 1500.1 was the same size. And i swaped the Type X components to the kicker QS65.2 and powering them with a ZX200.2. So the real questions are....is this going ot be a huge noticable diference or did i just waist a butt load of money compared to what i already have? Next question is, what can i potentialy hit DB wise with this set up? Any info will be greatly appreciated.

You added another woofer and more than doubled your amplifier power, so it should be more than noticeable as long as it was installed correctly. But is the box big enough to house 2 10" vs the 1 10" from before?

You added another woofer and more than doubled your amplifier power, so it should be more than noticeable as long as it was installed correctly. But is the box big enough to house 2 10" vs the 1 10" from before?

I am sorry I was typing way to fast...the original box actually houses two not (to) 10'' L5's and the ZX700.5. So all i did was buy a amp physically the same size as the old one to fit in the box. So i put two L7's to replace the two L5's and the 1500.1 to replace the 700.5. Make better sence now?

I am sorry I was typing way to fast...the original box actually houses two not (to) 10'' L5's and the ZX700.5. So all i did was buy a amp physically the same size as the old one to fit in the box. So i put two L7's to replace the two L5's and the 1500.1 to replace the 700.5. Make better sence now?

Oh and according to Kicker, the L5 and the L7 both have the same mounting depth and air space requirement for small sealed enclosures.

Your high end should stay about the same. To many variables to say though. As far as the sub set up, you should see a noticeable difference with the added upgrade in woofers and seperate amplifier. To really make those L7"s move you should look into a ported design.

Oh and according to Kicker, the L5 and the L7 both have the same mounting depth and air space requirement for small sealed enclosures.

I would love to look into a ported design, problem is....Yeah its a standard cab truck and not really looking to do a blow through set up. If you have any info on someone that has the knowledge on building such a box with that little amount of room...shoot it to me and i will def hit them up..

:WELCOME:

Welcome

yes NEVER trust reccomended box size from kicker sealed or ported. they almost needs to be twice the size.....