Hi. I'm looking into head units and came across a Pioneer MVH-P8200...I noticed in the specs it states 2v output, is this too low? I'm planning on running a sax-125.2 and 1 or 2 sae-1200dv2 (eventually just one more powerful amp). How would this affect power output at the amps and gain settings?

Thanks. :D

Definitely not too low. It won't change anything other than where your gain knob is. 4v decks NEVER hit 4v anyways.

Definitely not too low. It won't change anything other than where your gain knob is. 4v decks NEVER hit 4v anyways.

Thanks man.

If it was too low they wouldn't design and manufacture it that way. There's a reason your amp's input goes from something like .2v to 6v. You'll just have the gain a little higher.

4v decks NEVER hit 4v anyways.

Not picking on you today ///5M, but my Clarion 9375 w/9300 did 4.2 volts at 30/33 volume. The Clarion DRZ9255 (states 4v) tested 9volts!! Yea that deck is in a different league....

And yes that was w/a 60 Hz tone.

Edited by smgreen20

Not picking on you today ///5M, but my Clarion 9375 w/9300 did 4.2 volts at 30/33 volume. The Clarion DRZ9255 (states 4v) tested 9volts!! Yea that deck is in a different league....

That was with an oscilloscope right? :fing34:

Curious as to how you measured, but either way you missed the point of my comment completely.

I said they never hit 4v implying in operation. Obviously if you use a 0dB sine tone you can find a max voltage, but good luck with music. Also, what did the output do when you turned the deck down one notch?? Now perhaps you see why the comment.

Good luck hitting anywhere near those voltages with music and normal listening levels :rolleyes: Ofcourse a deck is going to reach it's rated voltage with a 0db test tone near max volume.....which is extremely useful if you drive around listening to 0db test tones near max volume all day long. For the rest of us who listen to music at normal listening levels, we aren't going to see those voltages in actual use.

And how did you test distortion levels during those measurements?