hollowglass18

12'' RL-P rock music

I have a dual 2 ohm 12'' RL-P. I use a directed 1100D directed amp. I'm going tgo wire it for a 1 ohm load. So that would be 1100 watts at 1ohm. I'll keep my gains set right so i dont over power it. I listen to mostly rock, and trance music. but on the occasion i listen to some rap and stuff. I want to do a sealed box. what should the volume be? Thanks guys!

first off, welcome to the site

:yoji:

from what I have been reading so far, people have had great results in a 1.25 cube sealed box

first off, welcome to the site

:yoji:

from what I have been reading so far, people have had great results in a 1.25 cube sealed box

Thanks man! so 1.25 cube's. how should i set my gains? cuz i dont wanna blow this thing

welcome!!

the 1.25ft^3 NET (after sub displacement) enclosure really works for the rl-p..should do a great job for ya..

as to the gains, there is a tutorial in the amplifier section of this board...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

welcome!!

the 1.25ft^3 NET (after sub displacement) enclosure really works for the rl-p..should do a great job for ya..

as to the gains, there is a tutorial in the amplifier section of this board...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

ok and since the sound splinter's displacement is .18ft.^3 I could use this program http://www.maximacar.com/volume_calculator.htm

and L=15 W=15 W=15. before sub displacement i have 1.42. then after sub displacement i have 1.24. will that work?

yeah, that'll work...but a cube isn't necessarly the best enclosure. it can cause some cancellation (IIRC) because of the cube shape. if u can make it more rectangular ( 16x 14.5 x 14.5), u should be better off for sq.

i'm sure one of the techie guys can explain it better

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I have mine running off 1200 watts in a 1.25 wedge that lights up my smile everytime I sit in my truck. I listen mostly to hard rock from slipknot to slayer....and lots of classic stuff from ac/dc to zappa and this sub sounds phenomonal (sp?) with all of it. I like to throw in some old school 2 live crew for chits and giggles or some beastie boyz and.... well...I'm impressed. You made a great choice in subs.

I have mine running off 1200 watts in a 1.25 wedge that lights up my smile everytime I sit in my truck.  I listen mostly to hard rock from slipknot to slayer....and lots of classic stuff from ac/dc to zappa and this sub sounds phenomonal (sp?) with all of it.  I like to throw in some old school 2 live crew for chits and giggles or some beastie boyz and.... well...I'm impressed.  You made a great choice in subs.

awesome we listen to alot of the same stuff! now I'm really excited! how many watts are you sending your speakers? Cuz I was going to do 50 X 4. I jus wanna make sure that will be enough.

I listen mostly to hard rock from slipknot to slayer....

Those bands should never be in the same sentance.

I listen mostly to hard rock from slipknot to slayer....

Those bands should never be in the same sentance.

OK how about from Dillenger Escape Plan to Slipknot and from Black flag to Slayer :rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

I have mine running off 1200 watts in a 1.25 wedge that lights up my smile everytime I sit in my truck.  I listen mostly to hard rock from slipknot to slayer....and lots of classic stuff from ac/dc to zappa and this sub sounds phenomonal (sp?) with all of it.  I like to throw in some old school 2 live crew for chits and giggles or some beastie boyz and.... well...I'm impressed.  You made a great choice in subs.

awesome we listen to alot of the same stuff! now I'm really excited! how many watts are you sending your speakers? Cuz I was going to do 50 X 4. I jus wanna make sure that will be enough.

I have a standard cab truck and send 100 watts to each door. I am awaiting a new 4 channel (125 X 4) to bi amp the front stage, but the hundred each is adaquate. What kind of speakers are u putting in? If the efficiency is pretty high, the 50 watts each may do you fine.

for you 'heavy' listeners, see if you can find some-"avenge seventh fold" what a band -

I saw them. My son is into the heavy stuff and drags me to these little venues for these bands when they come to town. We were in a old playhouse to see them with Lamb of God.

for you 'heavy' listeners, see if you can find some-"avenge seventh fold" what a band -

I saw them. My son is into the heavy stuff and drags me to these little venues for these bands when they come to town. We were in a old playhouse to see them with Lamb of God.

off topic...but is red rocks still open? it's been too long...i remember sitting on the rocks for ozzy, motley crue and lita ford.....well, it's kinda a fuzzy memory...lol....

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

avenge seventh fold is nowhere as good as "agony scene" or "as i lay dying". now thats metalcore! I am using 652.5i infinity Kappa's. The amp is a two channel and it runs at 100X2 at 4 ohms. and 360X1 at 4ohms. so if I wired all 4 like below. I could get 90 watts outta em!

post-935-1124044929_thumb.jpg

i wonder if they are as good live as their most recent album?

off topic...but is red rocks still open? it's been too long...i remember sitting on the rocks for ozzy, motley crue and lita ford.....well, it's kinda a fuzzy memory...lol....

Yep, Red Rocks is still the place for concerts. Tom Petty and the Allman Bro's will be out there next month. The Crue was just there last weekend.

Red Rocks the venue in Colorado?! You better believe it's still open :blink:grin.gif

http://www.redrocksonline.com

Edit: rawr finebar beat me to it! crazy2.gif

avenge seventh fold is nowhere as good as "agony scene" or "as i lay dying". now thats metalcore! I am using 652.5i infinity Kappa's. The amp is a two channel and it runs at 100X2 at 4 ohms. and 360X1 at 4ohms. so if I wired all 4 like below. I could get 90 watts outta em!

You'd be better off running it at 2 ohms and in stereo. You'll lose a little headroom but I think you will more than loud enough.

You'd be better off running it at 2 ohms and in stereo. You'll lose a little headroom but I think you will more than loud enough.

ive tried running that amp at 2ohms. it really doesnt like it. it goes into protect mode :(

Red Rocks the venue in Colorado?! You better believe it's still open :blink:grin.gif

http://www.redrocksonline.com

Edit: rawr finebar beat me to it! crazy2.gif

holy hell...lol...red rocks has a website..lol...

damn, i am behind the times....

if anyone has not seen a concert at red rocks and u get the chance...GO! u've never been to a concert till u've been to red rock!!!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer: