pimppistol

replacing stock speakers all around

so, i just got alpine type s 6x9, and wow.... before, when bassy notes hit, it made a weird noise, but now its awesome! sounds super clear! so i wanna replace the rest, but i dont know what i want... should i go alpine all around? i dont wanna replace the 6x9s again, atleast anytime soon. i just wanna get rid of stock for now. later il upgrade to alot better everything. but right now, i think i wanna change the tweeters now. cuz they arent clear. theyre kinda.... not staticy, but like... its like theyre almost busted.i dont think they are, but it has that kinda... paper like sound. so i wanna do those next, then the door speakers, then my center dash speaker.

any recommendations??

best to use all the same brand speakers, so yes go all alpine.

/////Alpine is legit as fuck. I would have gone with the Type R's instead of the Type S's.. well, i actually did. BUT.. if you're planning on getting a component set with an amp (which i recommend to the fullest!!!!) you should go with Alpine Type R component set.

If you care, my build log has a nice section on them. *vids/pic*

Edited by BanginGMC

my car already has a factory amp for those speakers. but ill upgrade that later.

so since i have type s, can i get type r for the rest? or do i have to make em all type s since my back is? only reason i got s is cuz thats all they had at best buy. i almost bought pioneer, but luckily i saw these

my car already has a factory amp for those speakers. but ill upgrade that later.

so since i have type s, can i get type r for the rest? or do i have to make em all type s since my back is? only reason i got s is cuz thats all they had at best buy. i almost bought pioneer, but luckily i saw these

best to keep them in the same line but its all up to you since your buying the speakers

best to keep them in the same line but its all up to you since your buying the speakers

You keep saying this and I disagree.

OP go and listen to some speakers that sound good to you. You may not like a different Alpine in a different size from the same line or a different line fo rhtat matter. There is no reason to stay with one brand or one line from that brand.

The worst thing you could do is go buy an alpine set without listening to them just to brand match. Thats crazy!

well you should really pay more attention to the front speakers. what is the set-up up front?

Why in the world would you say they all need to be the same? Honestly...?

OP: Put your time, and money into the front as the rear speakers don't matter. It's a car not a theater.

OP: Put your time, and money into the front as the rear speakers don't matter. It's a car not a theater.

I agree. I think it's more beneficial to buy a really good set for the front and keep the back stock in comparison to have an okay set in the front and an okay set in the back. Another set in the back won't change the sound for you as much as you would probably like. And what tweeters are you running that sound busted? are they in the front with the type s or in the back?

i only changed the rear speaker. and it made a HUGE difference. before, it was too...it sounded way too weak, but now it sounds good. the door speakers, tweeters, and one in my dash are all stock infinity. the cheapo infinity i guess.

What car?

best to use all the same brand speakers, so yes go all alpine.

Huh? Whose kool-aid are you drinking? Absolutely NO reason whatsoever to "keep them the same". In fact you should only have one pair anyways as the rest just confuse the stage. That pair should most definitely be up front.

i only changed the rear speaker. and it made a HUGE difference. before, it was too...it sounded way too weak, but now it sounds good. the door speakers, tweeters, and one in my dash are all stock infinity. the cheapo infinity i guess.

Of couse it made a difference, you went from crap to not as crap. Either way, you should ALWAYS spend your whole budget on the fronts. It will make a bigger difference than splitting it up.

As stated already definitely go and listen and let your ears decide. Buying speakers that you haven't heard on the net is like buying a pair of shoes over the internet and not knowing what size they are before you get them. Not so likely they will be right for you.

but i find it real hard to tell whats really good or not, cuz im not hearing it in my car. plus, at the store, theres usually people tlking, or tvs going, or other noises in the background...

but i find it real hard to tell whats really good or not, cuz im not hearing it in my car. plus, at the store, theres usually people tlking, or tvs going, or other noises in the background...

Thats fair.

Go to some shows, ask around and listen to people's set up around town.

People love showing off their systems. Just ask them.

One thing to also concider is you can always sell a set of speakers if you decide they aren't for you. this is sometimes the the only way to hear some speakers in "your" car.

I Also agree with M5 as to one set of good speakers in the front will net the best sound stage if thats what you are after. I personally removed my rear speakers a couple months ago and it was the best thing I have ever done for my ears, and believe it or not I never even missed the extra output. The trade off of having "everything" sound correct is better than some rears screaming at you from behind just to get "more output".

So you aready have the rears so leave them for now and get some good speakers in front. Once you have everything installed you can turn the rears off for a couple days and decide which sounds better to you. Once again "if" you decide they aren't for you, sell them.

I personally ran the type-r comps for a year or so and was always pretty happy with them, BUT every ones tastes are different SO no one can say what will sound best to you.

My last thoughts for you are I pesonally could be happy with alot of different speakers BUT each for thier different reasons.smile.gif

OP : you received some good advices here. You must believe them !

If you can listen to some speakers in shops, do it ! If there is too much noise, you can still compare different sets : you will have the same noise in the background for all of them.

You're going into the caraudio world : be careful, you will never be totally satisfied with your first setups !

Good luck

the only reason i dont wanna hear people around town... ive heard a few already, a friend, and someone i work with... my friend likes his real bassy, with little treble, and the guy i work with sais his system (2 12" infinity) is bad ass, and gives him headaches when the volume is on -9... i listened to it, and they probably give him a headache cuz they sound horrible. sounds like the subs are trying too hard to work or something. but i really dont know too many people who know what theyre talking about when it comes o music... since most people here have sonys or something and say theyre good enough

but ill go to shops and see what i can do there. theres one shop her in town that isnt set to rip everyone off. ill try there after i get paid again

Now you see how install and tuning can make OR break any set of speakers.

You will definetly want to hear them without a subwoofer playing and one set at a time.

You will find out real quick that opinions are VERY SUBJECTIVE to what the person has heard to compare to.smile.gif

You will find out real quick that opinions are VERY SUBJECTIVE to what the person has heard to compare to.smile.gif

Truth !

Yes, but can't follow what you typed. 6 and 4 wires isn't helping. Which ones don't match up?

*Note, and I DON'T mean by color but by application

what do you mean? all 6 of the chords are the same. but i only have 4 plugs. 4 of the chords are coming from my factory amp. and 2 are coming from the sub. but my crappy double din HU has nothing fancy about it but being double din, so it only has 4 plugs in the back. ive seen a friends normal sized one, and he has more than just 4... but i didnt think id have to be doing it this way