djteks

fi bl 12's gettin real warm???

i have 2 fi bl 12's running on a crescendo audio 3k and the fi's are getting real warm...not hot.....just real warm....and i was wondering if this was normal??

also would a crescendo 3k be over powering them?....

im hitting around 140 db. and it sounds great in a 5 cft box tuned at 32 hz...its just getting warm and it worries me...

Edited by djteks

if u made the box bout a whole cube smaller, it probably get louder.

You are just clippin em probably. Either that or u are bumpin for hours at a time...

yea about and hour at a time on most drives...

but i can get it alot louder even in this box....i use no bass boost ans keep the sub level of the head unit at 0 and also only run 50% gain...its what i like to call a easy 140 db.

i say that just to be safe...i have no idea what its max is yet..i will be finding in about 2 weeks when i go in for my next term lab...but im happy with the box it really slaps good in my car...moves a good deal of air..

Edited by djteks

My ssd's get warm when I pound the shit out of them. Just give them a break to cool down.

i was thinking is was normal....they did cool down quick...10 minutes with the car off and they are cold again

My ssd's get warm when I pound the shit out of them. Just give them a break to cool down.

There is current flowing through a copper wire, of course they get warm they are not 100% efficient.

also about the crescendo audio 3k...does anyone think this amp is too much for two fi bl 12??

or should they be able to take it?

also about the crescendo audio 3k...does anyone think this amp is too much for two fi bl 12??

or should they be able to take it?

Install dependent and how careful you are...

For one the Box is rather large.

Smaller box = Better power handling.

i was thinking is was normal....they did cool down quick...10 minutes with the car off and they are cold again

You will be fine as long as you know how hard and far you can push them.

The way you are pushing them djteck you should be fine your very conservative with your gains which will help you in the long run. New bl's or bl's, also did you get cooling or any other extra stuff added to the driver?

if u made the box bout a whole cube smaller, it probably get louder.

You are just clippin em probably. Either that or u are bumpin for hours at a time...

I thought bigger boxes are more efficient so get louder on XXXX watts?...within manufacture specs.

yes they are new 2010 bl's less about 1 month old but i just got the amp...and also they are fully loaded

The way you are pushing them djteck you should be fine your very conservative with your gains which will help you in the long run. New bl's or bl's, also did you get cooling or any other extra stuff added to the driver?

right now im n0t taking them much past 140 db. in this box....im not sure what two fully loaded bl's should peak out to in idle conditions...but i just keep my head unit sub level and bass boost on the amp at 0....turning them up seems like a bad idea lol...maybe i am being a lil nancy boy about it but im at least a small bit afraid to damage them..

right now im n0t taking them much past 140 db. in this box....im not sure what two fully loaded bl's should peak out to in idle conditions...but i just keep my head unit sub level and bass boost on the amp at 0....turning them up seems like a bad idea lol...maybe i am being a lil nancy boy about it but im at least a small bit afraid to damage them..

Its better to be a nancy boy then a damaged sub boy, but you should be fine as long as you know your subs limits. :captain:

true that........i just recently seen two memphis mojo 12's hit 145.5 on a memphis 3000 watts amp.....and i really wanted to see if my bl's could match this in my current setup but i punked out....would really like to see not only what the subs can do but also the crescendo audio 3k.....i really want to see if its as good as the other zenon amps...i may never know lol

Its better to be a nancy boy then a damaged sub boy, but you should be fine as long as you know your subs limits. :captain:

warm is normal for BL.. i ran my hard and sold them to soemone else.. and he ran them hard and sold them to someone else.. and they have come full circle i just was offered to buy them back.. AWSOME subs.. 2 years and still pumpin hard.

lol nice...when you say you ran them hard....how many watts are we talking about?? 3000+ 4000+???

warm is normal for BL.. i ran my hard and sold them to soemone else.. and he ran them hard and sold them to someone else.. and they have come full circle i just was offered to buy them back.. AWSOME subs.. 2 years and still pumpin hard.

2 bl 15's on a saz 3000d

th_Picture109.jpg

th_Picture379.jpg

th_Picture108.jpg

Warm/hot is ok as long as you let the woofer cool down! Burnt smell is not!

nice...what HU is that i got the eclipse avn-7000 myself..

2 bl 15's on a saz 3000d

th_Picture109.jpg

th_Picture379.jpg

th_Picture108.jpg