streetbeater07

just ordered 3 new 12 d2 havocs

so i finally came to a decision on what subs i wanted to go with and i chose the havocs!

they will be going in this enclosure 6.2 cuft 32hz

03-31-10_1500.jpg

with this amp saz-3000d

04-29-10_2025.jpg

should sound pretty good

post new pics when your done with the install bro, looking good, btw good choice on the amp ;)

yes pics of the havocs, the best looking sub....well in my opinion :drink40:

I'll second that ;)

looks good, where is you port at?

is the box all the way down in that first pic???/

i ask becuse i have run many trunks like yours.. and it seems like you may be clogging all your cabin acsess ....

also if your box is indeed down all the way.. how will you ever tune your amps with the subs in!!

i love the way you set up your amp.. and the cells.. i just hope you didnt send any screws down as the fuel tank is there!

you may wanna dicth your rear speakers aswell.... or just dont plan to up gread them as the air pressure tends to distroy them,.....unless 07 still uses the JBL 5x7s that have the read case to seal them

looking great by the way.. im gonna be keeping an eye on this build for sure!

ok guys my isp was down for a while... but the enclosure doesnt go down in the well, it sits on the sides of the trunk and I have about 6-8 inches from the back wall with the box installed. it wasnt all the way back in that pick.. It is a bottom slot port that runs the length of the enclosure..

04-22-10_1338.jpg

is the box all the way down in that first pic???/

i ask becuse i have run many trunks like yours.. and it seems like you may be clogging all your cabin acsess ....

also if your box is indeed down all the way.. how will you ever tune your amps with the subs in!!

i love the way you set up your amp.. and the cells.. i just hope you didnt send any screws down as the fuel tank is there!

you may wanna dicth your rear speakers aswell.... or just dont plan to up gread them as the air pressure tends to distroy them,.....unless 07 still uses the JBL 5x7s that have the read case to seal them

looking great by the way.. im gonna be keeping an eye on this build for sure!

i have a piece of 3/4 mdf underneath the amp rack and batteries, I know the bass will destroy my rears but i just cant stand not having them in.. they're 6x8 from the factory but im going with a set of kicker 5 1/4 components with 1" tweeters

hmm I like the setup

Just an idea bro, but I bet you'll be louder if you flip the box to where the slot port is at the top, with subs and port facing backwards.

Also you should put your eyes on the port and make sure that top part doesn't have flex at high volume. That's a long port just to have one brace. You will usually lose output if she moves, and the box is more likely to break loose and rattle if there is constant flex.

Looks Awesome !!! Wish I could hear it.

Hey thanks for all the heads up and compliments. A lot of work went into this install and it wouldnt have been possible without help from all you guys around here! I've learned a lot the past couple of years from taking notes and asking questions. Also, a big thanks to all who made SSA possible

How do they sound compared to what you had?

How do they sound compared to what you had?

It is night and day difference. these compare to the 2 FI Q 15's that I used to run. Sick amounts of output! I love the lows they produce and the quality of sound is top notch.

dude that is so clean looking!!! 5* for trunk layout design!

i have 2 15's sealed and they sound incredible

how low can you hit with those bad boys? and what tuning?

mine are sealed and go low low low , like idk if i do have a bottom note because it just sounds like a helicopter in my trunk below 22 hz, literally, i ended up turning off my infrasonic becasue i did a full sweep and they never reached physical limits or distorted, or anything.

i have heard these are insane ported though so i was thinkin about doin that, though i'll lose my back seat..

lol i can't decide bro, help me out?

If you like the way they sound sealed, just keep it like that. If you want more output and sickening lows, go ported! I would tune around 32hz which should give you a good range from 28-65 or 70hz. I have my crossover point set at 80hz and subsonic filter at about 28.