troublemaker

SAZ-4500d field power results

These are the results we got from my testing today at Modified Nationals in the UK - the first 2010 db drag event in the UK.

Single SAZ-4500d amp 0.35 DCR. All results true RMS. Deck Volume started 12 - went to 41 of 47 - still clean sine at this point.

77.9 AC Volts

57.2 AC Amps

13.2 battery volts before starting 11.50min voltage over burp.

77.9 * 57.2 = 4455 watts RMS @ 1.36 ohms impedance.

Subs were 2 x DC Audio 4XL SPL Motor 18's D1.4 coils all in parrallel. 158.3 db achived at 66hz!!!

Well impressed with the amps - need to try some D1.0 recones now to see what difference we get loading the amp down more. :)

Sweet result.

Got pics of the setup? Was it a wall ?

Sweet result.

Got pics of the setup? Was it a wall ?

No pics yet - will get some. it is in a wall though :) made of steel lol :)

Ok waiting for pics. More like build log pics package thing. :popcorn:

Nice numbers man! More volts should produce more power numbers, but i dont know if it would really affect your numbers much.

You got it too easy with a Panda. lol

jk... looks insane.

Try getting your reactive load around 1.6-2ohm.. You should see a power increase. Ive gotten 4563watts at a 1.6ohm reactive load on a weak 12V electrical. Amazing amp.

Try getting your reactive load around 1.6-2ohm.. You should see a power increase. Ive gotten 4563watts at a 1.6ohm reactive load on a weak 12V electrical. Amazing amp.

What were your actual volt and clampmeter figures - i was going to DROP the load from 0.35DCR to 0.25DCR to get it nearer 1ohm after box rise not raise it nearer 2 ohms !! It does surprise me that it would do more power at higher impedance.

Edited by troublemaker

OK did some more testing today, as the 2010 seat ruling has changed, which does have direct effect on a Panda's SPL.

We are now at 157.6 every time, but we also achived a 157.9 in testing last night, although i think the seats wouldnt pass the new rule.

At the end of the day, this is still single amp testing, Jacob knows what i bought and it wasnt a single amp lol! - however my rule is get your benchmark score - then do what you can to get the box mods, then add the power.

As its possible i am going to end up shredding woofers because of the loading on the seats, i am not going to be full power running until i have a spare set available to me.

So this weekend we have been mostly sanding, painting and getting headaches from the fumes.

Having decided that our first priorities should be to do a bit of work inside the Marbella's enclosure, we spent most of Sat afternoon and sunday morning getting the exsisting paint sanded down - using 60/80 grit first and then after primering going up to 320 grit.

MarbellaPaint2.JPG

MarbellaPaint3.JPG

MarbellaPaint4.JPG

MarbellaPaint5.JPG

Then we laid on 2 coats of Ford Radiant Red, which is as you would expect both Radiant, and quite red! We chose this to match the dustcaps on the DC subs as closely as possible.

MarbellaPaint8.JPG

MarbellaPaint9.JPG

MarbellaPaint10.JPG

MarbellaPaint11.JPG

MarbellaPaint12.JPG

MarbellaPaint7.JPG

There is now going to be some final flatting and polishing after the 2 coats are on and then a decision will be made as to whether a third coat is needed.

Next thing to do of course is to give it a burp and see whether its made us any louder or not!!

Cheers to Craig who pulled in a favour to get this in his workshop as its not something we could have done outside for obvious reasons.

Looks sick :popcorn::drink40:

Awesome looking setup !!!

Question please, Would it have made a difference to install the port on the driver side?

Rules, Organizations, Things like that?? Most I've seen in USACI have been port/drivers side - transducers/pass side.

Again, Great work ... :drink40:

It's good to see someone with lot's of port :D

Awesome looking setup !!!

Question please, Would it have made a difference to install the port on the driver side?

Rules, Organizations, Things like that?? Most I've seen in USACI have been port/drivers side - transducers/pass side.

Again, Great work ... :drink40:

Hi Dude -

The port is on the drivers side - this car is right hand drive, not left hand drive as i am in England, home of the Queen, cream teas and biscuits :D:D

So its just a mirror image of a USA db drag car wall :)

MarbellaPaint2.JPG