maybe? what terminals are you using?

dunno, it would be stock terminals on the bat. and i want it to be a sure fit.

nvm, i found my old thread im going with what was offered there, a $3 one ;)

Edited by WhatsCS

AQ = eh. :shrug:

Why?

Because he follows the band wagon. I hate how when someone says what they want cheap price at a certain power output and people still tell them to go with sundown even though its like 100+ dollars over what that someone's budget is or what else is out there for the same performance.

The only other thing I'll recommend for the same power or close but cheaper in price is an Audiopipe AP15001D (1500 rms watts at 1 ohm) if you can find one. They usually go for 160-200 shipped with warranty. Buy from a dealer if you want manufacturer warranty. Buy off ebay if you want cheap price and still may get 1 year warranty through that ebay store that is selling it and also be able to get extra warranty through square trade really cheap.

But if you really want the AQ1200 then get it or if you want the Sundown 1200 then get that but you won't hear a damn difference. You'll just get mad rep points for owning sundown and paying a lot for something you could have for less. Its may be just me but I hate spending more money then I have to. Ask anyone that has own an audiopipe AP or AQX line. See if they were unhappy at all. PS, I am not a rep for audiopipe. ;)

Why?

Because he follows the band wagon. I hate how when someone says what they want cheap price at a certain power output and people still tell them to go with sundown even though its like 100+ dollars over what that someone's budget is or what else is out there for the same performance.

The only other thing I'll recommend for the same power or close but cheaper in price is an Audiopipe AP15001D (1500 rms watts at 1 ohm) if you can find one. They usually go for 160-200 shipped with warranty. Buy from a dealer if you want manufacturer warranty. Buy off ebay if you want cheap price and still may get 1 year warranty through that ebay store that is selling it and also be able to get extra warranty through square trade really cheap.

But if you really want the AQ1200 then get it or if you want the Sundown 1200 then get that but you won't hear a damn difference. You'll just get mad rep points for owning sundown and paying a lot for something you could have for less. Its may be just me but I hate spending more money then I have to. Ask anyone that has own an audiopipe AP or AQX line. See if they were unhappy at all. PS, I am not a rep for audiopipe. ;)

phi, you make me happy :)

wooo time to look into audio pipe as well, yay even more amps!!!

Why?

Apparently, I made someone mad. They gave me -rep. Damn, I'll need to get a sundown amp to up my rep.

wooo time to look into audio pipe as well, yay even more amps!!!

No need to further complicate things. He was just giving an example, AQ would be more then fine. And plus, they have awesome CS.

Simply put guys, horror stories scare people. I'll gladly pay extra for amazing customer service :) But I completely understand what you guys are saying, very good points.

yeah, im just going to stick with AQ. now all i have to do is wait till my vacation is over, near the beginning of july and then i will truly enter the Car audio world

I do agree that AQ has good customer service. Its just that everything I do goes off budget. Whether it be for myself or for someone's build, I work off budgets. I'll get the best I can get but still being able to stay within budget.

yeah, im just going to stick with AQ. now all i have to do is wait till my vacation is over, near the beginning of july and then i will truly enter the Car audio world

:)

Even though I sprout a Sundown Boner peepwall.gif , after looking over the AQ I think that would be a good 2nd choice ... tongue.gif!

Why?

Apparently, I made someone mad. They gave me -rep. Damn, I'll need to get a sundown amp to up my rep.

Fuck all that, I run Maxxsuckonics or something another.

Team Cheap Shitty Amps.

The fact of the matter is... AudioQue has had the same amp, the same parts with no documented revisions since the product was released. Can you say the same for Sundown? How many revisions and upgrades has Jacob made to his lines to constantly make them better / more powerful?

Take this thread for example : SAZ-3500D / AQ-3500D Side By Side - Realm of Excursion

He details the main differences of the SAZ-3500D vs the AQ-3500D. Simply put, the Sundown is built far beefier than the AQ.

What would you rather have? Something that was manufactured fast, with no revisions. Or something that was manufactured under the watchful eye of the owner, who then took customer feedback to heart and made his product better.

No bandwagon here, in fact, the only one I see in this thread is the AQ nut huggers who can't stand to see Sundown recommended over and over again.

:ohnoes9:

Why?

Odd, that wasnt me. Must have been a REAL bandwagoner.

I havent honestly used AQ, although I have heard it been given bad rap a few times. I didnt mean to say "eh" in that I wouldnt use it and that they make sub-par products, but that I stand on neutral ground when it comes to their products. Guess it didnt come out the same way I had thought.

Who knows? Maybe I will end up with some of their products some day. Hell, I have been eyeing a 3500.1. ;) (Even though an SD used is around the same price as the AQ)

Edited by dvalue

The fact of the matter is... AudioQue has had the same amp, the same parts with no documented revisions since the product was released. Can you say the same for Sundown? How many revisions and upgrades has Jacob made to his lines to constantly make them better / more powerful?

Take this thread for example : SAZ-3500D / AQ-3500D Side By Side - Realm of Excursion

He details the main differences of the SAZ-3500D vs the AQ-3500D. Simply put, the Sundown is built far beefier than the AQ.

What would you rather have? Something that was manufactured fast, with no revisions. Or something that was manufactured under the watchful eye of the owner, who then took customer feedback to heart and made his product better.

No bandwagon here, in fact, the only one I see in this thread is the AQ nut huggers who can't stand to see Sundown recommended over and over again.

LOL!

You mad?

LOL!

You mad?

Yeah he is.

Just can't stand to see something other then SD being pushed. Not everyone can afford Sundown. Or wants to for that matter.

Yes, Sundown does work hard to make their products better. Yes, Their amps are of great quality and power. But guess what, so do a lot of other companies.

And any company can purposely under rate an amp to make it seem magical and awesome.....

LOL!

You mad?

How mature, and on topic of you. They do that on CarAudio.com a lot, don't do it here.

Not everyone can afford Sundown. Or wants to for that matter.

Coming from someone on Team Sundown!

I am just tell the truth, am I not?

The fact of the matter is... AudioQue has had the same amp, the same parts with no documented revisions since the product was released. Can you say the same for Sundown? How many revisions and upgrades has Jacob made to his lines to constantly make them better / more powerful?Take this thread for example : SAZ-3500D / AQ-3500D Side By Side - Realm of ExcursionHe details the main differences of the SAZ-3500D vs the AQ-3500D. Simply put, the Sundown is built far beefier than the AQ.What would you rather have? Something that was manufactured fast, with no revisions. Or something that was manufactured under the watchful eye of the owner, who then took customer feedback to heart and made his product better.No bandwagon here, in fact, the only one I see in this thread is the AQ nut huggers who can't stand to see Sundown recommended over and over again. :ohnoes9:

That's the old AQ 3500D amp. AQ's 3500D is now the 3500D.1 and it does more than the old 3500. It is still a little more than 100 dollars less than the sundown 3500 so yeah the Sundown 3500 better have beefier parts or that is wasted money. And again, difference won't be noticed but in your pocket. O and no AQ nut huggin here. I nuthug audiopipe. Get it right.

PS- And I found this on their newer 3500D.1 amps but its from the owner so I guess I can't take his word for it.

1400 @ 4ohm @ less then 1%thd @ 14.4

2600 @ 2ohm @ less then 1%thd @ 14.4

4300 @ 1ohm @ less then 1% thd @ 14.4

Why?
Because he follows the band wagon. I hate how when someone says what they want cheap price at a certain power output and people still tell them to go with sundown even though its like 100+ dollars over what that someone's budget is or what else is out there for the same performance. The only other thing I'll recommend for the same power or close but cheaper in price is an Audiopipe AP15001D (1500 rms watts at 1 ohm) if you can find one. They usually go for 160-200 shipped with warranty. Buy from a dealer if you want manufacturer warranty. Buy off ebay if you want cheap price and still may get 1 year warranty through that ebay store that is selling it and also be able to get extra warranty through square trade really cheap.But if you really want the AQ1200 then get it or if you want the Sundown 1200 then get that but you won't hear a damn difference. You'll just get mad rep points for owning sundown and paying a lot for something you could have for less. Its may be just me but I hate spending more money then I have to. Ask anyone that has own an audiopipe AP or AQX line. See if they were unhappy at all. PS, I am not a rep for audiopipe. ;)
Odd, that wasnt me. Must have been a REAL bandwagoner. I havent honestly used AQ, although I have heard it been given bad rap a few times. I didnt mean to say "eh" in that I wouldnt use it and that they make sub-par products, but that I stand on neutral ground when it comes to their products. Guess it didnt come out the same way I had thought.Who knows? Maybe I will end up with some of their products some day. Hell, I have been eyeing a 3500.1. ;) (Even though an SD used is around the same price as the AQ)

Sorry, I guess I got your "eh" expression wrong.

No the new AQ 3500's do the rated power, ask "masterofallbass" on YouTube.

Being on a manufacturer team your suppose to advertise and get the word out about the quality of the product! Not persuade someonet to look at another manufacturer.

Being on a manufacturer team your suppose to advertise and get the word out about the quality of the product! Not persuade someonet to look at another manufacturer.

If someone can't afford it, how am I supposed to sell it to them. Offer a Finance plan? lol

If someone can't afford it, how am I supposed to sell it to them. Offer a Finance plan? lol

Of course .... trink40.gif

This thing is getting so off topic for the Op!

OP .... I can give you the Sundown sales pitch but if it doesn't fit the budget look to the next best thing ... Refurbs from db-R .... Refurbished SAZ-1000D : dB-r Electronics, Online Store ....tongue.gif

Shit, you're good. :D You may even get me to buy a sundown amp.... Not really. I'm broke.