Sign in to follow this  
mathewdylang

Incriminator Lethal Injection 15

Ok, so I'm new to high end subs like IA and AQ but ive owned a memphis mojo 12 and loved it but it just didnt hit all the notes like i wanted. So for my question, would a IA LI take 1000w rms at 1ohm? i know it says 600w rms but have seen guys use the SA1500 on it. I could run the Dual4 sub at 2 ohm and only run 600w to it but i wanna go to my amps potential which is the 1000w at 1 ohm. Anyone have input on it? the sub is in my price range and ive wanted to try IA for awhile now. thanks.

As long as you keep the signal clean you should be fine :)

The speaker will do what you tell it to do. If you're not smart about the power you send to it, you'll be back here within a week asking why your speaker blew up.

Sure you can wire it to 1 ohm. That will be fine, just adjust the gain knob accordingly so you don't send that full 1kW to the woofer.

Or choose a different sub.

I'm sure you'll be happy with IA, but in defense of Memphis, the Mojo is a really good driver as long as it's not for a strictly sq install. If it didn't hit the notes that you wanted, it was probably the rest of the install that limited the mojo's capabilities.

The speaker will do what you tell it to do. If you're not smart about the power you send to it, you'll be back here within a week asking why your speaker blew up.

Sure you can wire it to 1 ohm. That will be fine, just adjust the gain knob accordingly so you don't send that full 1kW to the woofer.

well i planned on having the gain turned down except for metering. i didnt plan to go crazy. I want this setup to "sound good" rather than be the loudest in town. but in the same respect i want to be able to turn the gain up now and than and wow people.

I'm sure you'll be happy with IA, but in defense of Memphis, the Mojo is a really good driver as long as it's not for a strictly sq install. If it didn't hit the notes that you wanted, it was probably the rest of the install that limited the mojo's capabilities.

ill agree i loved my mojo. it was an amazing driver for low bass notes. but going through 3 enclosure and days of trying to adjust headunit and amp i still couldnt get it to hit notes i expected. talked to the shop and they told me since it was the older one (07 Orange M3 Mojo) that it was straight geared for spl not sq.

or do you think i shold just get the d4 ohm set up since my amp runs 600w at 2ohm? that way i have less to worry about?

well i planned on having the gain turned down except for metering. i didnt plan to go crazy. I want this setup to "sound good" rather than be the loudest in town. but in the same respect i want to be able to turn the gain up now and than and wow people.

The gain pot is NOT a volume knob. You will do permanent harm to the sub if you treat it as such.

Seems as if you want more than the 600w can safely give you. Time to step up to the Death Row.

Step up to the DR series or even a pair of LI's.

I had a pair of LI 15's on a SAZ-1500D and they are amazing subwoofers. Loud, low and remain musical! Stay withing IA specs on the box and properly set up your amplifier and you should be more than happy!

so i took your advise and went with a DR 15 itll behere in a few days.

so i took your advise and went with a DR 15 itll behere in a few days.

Congrats! Nice choice! I just got a DR 18!

Post pics when you get the sub!

will do. i built a box. its a bit bigger than recomended but once i got it all together it turned out about half a cube to big so after port and displacement its about 4.2 cubes. but i think itll be fine.