Hi I think i am going to get one 15" BTL because if i got 2 of them then i would need a new alternator,

but can anyone tell me if i am going to need a larger alternator with just one 15" BTL along with a ton of power cells, or could i fly with just power cells to back it up.

Also do you need a new receiver or can i be fine with a receiver and a line-out converter??

What amp are you running. Your amp determines what electrical you need not your subwoofer

ive always been under the impression those line out converters always turned out shitty sounding.. But that could be very wrong these days i wouldnt be surprised. I think we need to know which amp your running before we can help you to the fullest. maybe you have a 200 watt flea market amp your tryin to run that sub off? or maybe you have a huge sundown amp? That information is needed here.

Even with one sub (X2 on the amp determining your electrical, not the sub) if you run it at full power you should probably invest in a new alt.

We need more information.

Well i honestly don't know what to get for an amp... i mean there are not many 2000 watt amps out there with adjustable subsonic filters.

Well at least good ones. Can you guys recommend a good one??

Any sundown amp, the SAZ 1500D slams the hell out of my 18" BTL.. also those btl's are a different type of bass i think.. real loud and low.. pushes a bunch of air.. rattles the hell out of your vehicle.. I personally love it, but its a different type of bass than ive ever heard before.. not very musical.

thats cool. Hahah im just looking for loud bass. But the specs on that say that it only supplies 1500 watts at 1 ohm, and the sub is fully loaded and is 2000 watts to start out with.

thats cool. Hahah im just looking for loud bass. But the specs on that say that it only supplies 1500 watts at 1 ohm, and the sub is fully loaded and is 2000 watts to start out with.

So?

Its the most efficient woofer that Fi sells. It'll love that 1500w. Not to mention the SAZ-1500D is extremely underrated.

ok so it should supply enough power for that sub?

yes. good match for the btl

as for electrical i would start off doing the big 3/ volt meter and then go from there. You will most likely have voltage drop so take a look at the electrical/battery page on SSA

big 3 is

positive battery terminal to the positive on the alternator

negative battery terminal to the engine block

negative battery terminal to the chassis/frame

do this with 0/1 or 0 gauge for best current flow

and a voltmeter, well i like my stinger, it looks cool at night and does the job here it is on ebay

Oh and does this sound good, to get aditional power cells and a capacitor?

:No:

id get the second battery to help with the voltage drop but the cap i think is pointless the extra battery will do more than a capasitor