Sign in to follow this  
imhungnurnot

Box Help

I want to design a ported enclosure with one DD9512g to put in my single cab chevy 1500. I want it to be loud, but also as musical as possible. I have about 3.3 cuft to work with. The enclosure is going to be a center console enclosure. If I find the frequency which my vehicle peaks at, will this help me choose my tuning frequency of my enclosure?

I want to design a ported enclosure with one DD9512g to put in my single cab chevy 1500. I want it to be loud, but also as musical as possible. I have about 3.3 cuft to work with. The enclosure is going to be a center console enclosure. If I find the frequency which my vehicle peaks at, will this help me choose my tuning frequency of my enclosure?

No, it won't help you because you don't want a fart box i think?

How much power do you have?

I would suggest 2.2cu ft with about 40-44 sq inches of port area tuned to 34 hz if u want to get loud and be 'somewhat' musical.

I would suggest 2.2cu ft with about 40-44 sq inches of port area tuned to 34 hz if u want to get loud and be 'somewhat' musical.

right now i have it in a box with 2.6cuft with 42 square inches of port that is 22 inches long.. which turns out to be around 38 Hz after end correction. It is pretty musical as of now but I can tell the sub isn't traveling through its entire excursion. Maybe I don't have enough power on it.. i have about 1400 RMS on it (before voltage drop and box rise) and the sub is a 1500 RMS sub.. But I just pre-ordered the SAZ-2500D!! :drink40:

I'm not really looking for a burp box. I was thinking tuning to 33 and adding the mach5 6.5 inch midbass drivers to my kickpanels if necessary. I'm lacking in the midbass area as it is so i will probably need the mach5 drivers. If 33 Hz sounds good, then i would like to discuss sub/port firing options.

right now i have it in a box with 2.6cuft with 42 square inches of port that is 22 inches long.. which turns out to be around 38 Hz after end correction. It is pretty musical as of now but I can tell the sub isn't traveling through its entire excursion. Maybe I don't have enough power on it.. i have about 1400 RMS on it (before voltage drop and box rise) and the sub is a 1500 RMS sub.. But I just pre-ordered the SAZ-2500D!! :drink40:

I'm not really looking for a burp box. I was thinking tuning to 33 and adding the mach5 6.5 inch midbass drivers to my kickpanels if necessary. I'm lacking in the midbass area as it is so i will probably need the mach5 drivers. If 33 Hz sounds good, then i would like to discuss sub/port firing options.

There ya go, you need more power. Simple as that.

Buddy of mine has a DD M3 at .5 daily on each of his 4 DD 9515F's. You need powa

x2 on the more power, while is doesn't take a certain amount of power to make a subwoofer work, if u want it to get louder, throw some more clean power at it.

Well the saz 2500 should be more than enough power for the sub. I guess i'll wait on the new box until i can put some real power on the sub and see how it sounds