sundownz

The time has come

After nearly four years as our best selling product (our first Class-D on the market for that matter) the SAZ-1500D is being re-designed. Everyone knows and loves the current model as it is a powerful, reliable, work horse of an amp but we have been quietly thinking about what to do in order to make a fitting replacement for a while now... I think that everyone will be happy with where it is going :)

Details will be sparse right now but it is going to shrink about 1.6" following our trend of making amps that are more powerful per square inch (SAZ-2500D and SAX-1200D especially). We are also looking into removing the internal fusing as well -- that was very commonly requested. Details on pricing, power output, etc will be coming out later.

I'll start putting out some of the other details when the prototype gets closer -- just wanted to make it known that if you want a NEW current model SAZ-1500D the production run on route to me now is probably the last one (assuming all testing of the new prototype goes as expected). I have a fair amount coming in, though, so anyone that wants one should have the opportunity to get one !

They are improving in all regards... nothing is being sacrificed to reduce the amps size. The new output section MOSFET bank is about 50% stronger than the old while using half as many parts (this is where the size reduction came in) and the new power supply FETs handle about 50% more current than the old ones (same # of parts, just better ones... like the 2500D is using).

Another level of over-built on the semiconductors :)

No reduction in sizing of the power supply transformers or output inductors either.

:fing34:

exciting!

Good stuff Jacob!!

Great news! Hate to see the 1500D go, but in the name of new and improved products.... Hell yea!

very nice. im sure the results will be very impressive

Is it still going to be called the SAZ-1500D? Any ideas on a price point? Should be quite a monster 1500w amp.

Yes, still SAZ-1500D... working on pricing details. Will at least be really close to what it is now.

I can has one? :fing34: