Blown JL12W6

My Fi Q12 arrived safely

I finally picked up my Fi Q12 from UPS warehouse after a torturing wait for 2 days. :suicide-santa: The reason is the package was droped around 5:28 pm last friday at the UPS warehouse and I came there few minutes early hoping that the truck will drop it off but was sadly told that the package is still inside the truck and the warehouse is closing at 5:30 pm. :suicide-santa: The guy at the UPS asked me.. " Is this sub inlcudes the box already?" LOL! I told him it's just the custom sub from Ficaraudio. He said "I have 2 Alpine Type R's that probably weighs the same as that" lol!

Anyways, I finally picked it up today and here's some pics.:

DSC03089.jpg

DSC03090.jpg

FiQ12vsJL12W6.jpg

:woot:

hey looking good post some pics after install and shoot a vid i wanna see it pound

hey looking good post some pics after install and shoot a vid i wanna see it pound

SUre will do, but it might take a few weeks. I need to find a good box maker around my area. :suicide-santa:

so the magnet of the fi q is that tiny magnet or is there also more magnet underneith the metal of the basket?

so the magnet of the fi q is that tiny magnet or is there also more magnet underneith the metal of the basket?

Tiny magnet? That's a .75" slug with a heavily bumped back plate.

Looks can be decieving . :popcorn: The JL12W6 weighs only 22 lbs. This Fi Q12 weighs 43 lbs. I even tried pushing the cone downward using 3 fingers and it wouldn't even move. I have to use both my hands to push the cone downward. Compared to my 12W6, I only use 1 finger to move the cone all the way the down. LOL!

I just couldn't imagine those monster BTL, those sub can kill. :suicide-santa:

Edited by Blown JL12W6

i can't wait for my btl 12" i'm gonna :bull: when i try to lift it lol good thing i put a chip in my car to haul it around

:puzzled:

that magnet looks like a tank

I should also add that stacking a bunch of ferite together is useless and a waste of money and materials. A lot more goes into woofer design than stacking materials together.

magnet size is no measure of the magnets quality and motor force. bigger isnt always better.

You will not be disappointed with the output and definitely not disappointed with the sound of this Q. I've only been listening to mine for a short time but absolutely love everything I listen to on them. :) Enjoy and I'm looking forward to your build log.