Wires Needed:

Constant 12V Power Supply (memory)

Ignition Power Supply (turn on)

LIght/Dimming Wiring if neccessary

Ground wire to frame

Remote Turn on to amp

I would think all you would need would be a constant 12volt, ground, and another 12volt thats only on when the key is.

You could tap in to the fuse panel for the power wires then just run a new ground. Dont forget the antennae though.

Wires Needed:

1Constant 12V Power Supply

2Ignition Power Supply

3LIght/Dimming Wiring if neccessary

4Ground wire to frame

5Remote Turn on to amp

1 Batt to Power - Already have that.

2 How would I run a new one of these?

3 Whats this?

4 Check.

5 My remote wire on my H/U is bad, I will have to splice into the Ignition wire.

I only use CD's and Ipods. No Radio.. ever.

Run a wire from your ignition wire on the headunits wiring harness to your fuse panel and find an open slot or the ignition or Acc. Fuse, this is how mine is hooked up since I have a short in the Ignition wiring in my harness.

the dimmer is the orange wire on your radio.. it make it to where when you dim your dash lights.. your radio also dims....

the dimmer is the orange wire on your radio.. it make it to where when you dim your dash lights.. your radio also dims....

^ learn something new everyday. i never used that wire. and i hate how bright my HU is sometimes lol.

^ learn something new everyday. i never used that wire. and i hate how bright my HU is sometimes lol.

But it doesn't always work with some H/U.

My JVC KDSH1000 has built in dimming that you pre-set according to the time of day.

So, the dimmer switch does nothing for this H/U

Run a wire from your ignition wire on the headunits wiring harness to your fuse panel and find an open slot or the ignition or Acc. Fuse, this is how mine is hooked up since I have a short in the Ignition wiring in my harness.

By open slot, what do you mean? Did you just wrap the stands of wire around the fuse and stuff it in?

By open slot, what do you mean? Did you just wrap the stands of wire around the fuse and stuff it in?

Autozone\Discount auto sells a fuse plug with a wire running out of it. Alot cleaner than just stuffing a wire in there.

it's called a fuse plug tap.

buss_fuse_tap.jpg

Edited by Mr. Bojangles

Autozone\Discount auto sells a fuse plug with a wire running out of it. Alot cleaner than just stuffing a wire in there.

buss_fuse_tap.jpg

Thanks dude! :)

holly crap........

So to recap...

Keep my Power wire coming off my Battery

Take my Ignition fuse ( or any "key on" fuse ) then use that Fuse Plug Tap to run my Ignition wire from my H/U

Then splice into the Ignition wire for my Remote wire for my Amp

Thats all I need?

16 gauge speaker wire will be sufficient, correct?

buss_fuse_tap.jpg

Thanks dude! :)

Thanks man, I need to go get one of these since I just wrapped the wire on one of the prongs on the fuse and plugged it in.

Meh, I guess if I were re-running all of the wiring anyways I would spend the extra couple minutes and hard-wire the 12V switched (ignition) wire. I don't care how fancy of a plug you get.....IMO tapping the fuse box is a little ghetto and lazy. For quick-fix scenarios or short term temporary use, sure. But for a permanent install.....no.

If all of the factory wiring is intact you should be able to trace the OEM wire back to it's origin.

Meh, I guess if I were re-running all of the wiring anyways I would spend the extra couple minutes and hard-wire the 12V switched (ignition) wire. I don't care how fancy of a plug you get.....IMO tapping the fuse box is a little ghetto and lazy. For quick-fix scenarios or short term temporary use, sure. But for a permanent install.....no.

If all of the factory wiring is intact you should be able to trace the OEM wire back to it's origin.

At the time I didnt think of it since I wasnt that experienced with car wiring and needed a quick fix but I should go do it right, thanks for the heads up :fing34: