streetbeater07

How do i set the bass boost on my amplifier?

turn it all the way down... dont use it.

if you have a good head unit there is no need for a inline EQ .. IMO... i currenty run a EQ as i have a wall mart pioneer for the mean time...

but when using a better deck there is no need for one.. i just set all my cross over point from the head unit. and then match them on the amp.

Your "Bass Boost" is a fixed frequency eq that emphasizes that frequency with a boost that is harmful to your woofer as you can send the amp into clipping. I would recommend not using it unless you like replacing woofers with burnt voice coils.

Set every thing on your HU. What amp are you using?

Man it's late I saw that after I re-read it!

so i just ran the rca's straight to the head unit and everything sounds a lot cleaner now. I was running them through the external eq which has a 5volt pre out voltage. So now do i need to adjust my gains again since the deck is only a 4volt?

Probably wouldn't be a bad idea since you took out 1 piece of the signal chain.

Dont use bass boost on the head unit either

Dont use it.. It will cause clipping.

If Bass Boost is so bad, why do really intelligent companies such as Sundown Audio build amps with the setting?

Bass boost is really ONLY so bad because it gets completely abused. The idea behind having bass boost is really just a selling point from days gone by. It was originally used to bring up bass frequencies that were almost non existent in the music of them olden days. Today's music is recorded much differently and the need for BB is just not there, but from a sales standpoint, if you didn't know ANYTHING about car audio (and lets face it, the majority of people out there really don't) and were shopping for amps. If amp A had a bass boost, and amp B didn't chances are you'd buy amp A cuz it seems better cuz it has more features.

the only possible thing i could see bass boost being used is when playing older music where the sub range is non-existent... other than that... all music pretty much nowadays doesnt require it.

Of course it will cause the sub to peak at the boost center.

If Bass Boost is so bad, why do really intelligent companies such as Sundown Audio build amps with the setting?

IIRC, Jacob said it was for when the gain is maxed out and you still can't get enough voltage. Like if you have a really low pre-out voltage as stock head units do.

IIRC, Jacob said it was for when the gain is maxed out and you still can't get enough voltage. Like if you have a really low pre-out voltage as stock head units do.

This and Jacob also lowered the amount of bassboost, so if it's used it wouldn't abuse the equipment as much.

Bassboost can be used in some cases, but most of the time it's useless.(what Alton said)