I am goin to be buying either 12" or 15" speakers, i dont really know what to buy, do you recomend goin for 1 18" or 2 12s or even 2 15s? Money is a lil tight, but ive been trying to get a second one. I also need to know about a amp and a box so i know what i need to get and save (money wise). I was thinking for a amp, either a Soundstream or a Rockford Fosgate. If you think there is a better, cheaper and produces more power please let me know. My budget for speakers is about 800-850, then for a amp 500-700. For 2 12" BTL i think its 728 if im not mistaken.

Hope you can help, il be loggin ALL of my work, IM A BEGINNER TOO!!

il also be doing the BIG3 and the car i own is a toyota 4runner, i dont knw the year i think its a 05, or 04

Thanks

Sam

for some really good amps that are under rated check out sundown audio they have some killer amps

your going to need more electrical equipment to back that up. (HO alt, batteries, etc)

Take your time on deciding on what you want. With that vehicle room does not seem to be an issue.Like Mac-N-Cheese posted with a good size amp you will need to upgrade your electrical. Check out the SSA store line up they offer a quite a few subs that fall into your price range. Maybe even save a few bucks on subs to put towards your amp and electrical. Not pushing you towards any certain product just suggestions. Lots of builds going on here, so check them out and you'll get even more ideas. Good Luck! :fing34:

for some really good amps that are under rated check out sundown audio they have some killer amps

do yu recomend Fi 2 12s or 15s, wat about sundown? wat watage?

to be honest all you need is 1 12 and a 2000 watt amp and all the eletrical, but thats just me. heres a video of the sub you want and just 1 12

idk how many times i watch this video a day but it just amazes me :D

to be honest all you need is 1 12 and a 2000 watt amp and all the eletrical, but thats just me. heres a video of the sub you want and just 1 12

idk how many times i watch this video a day but it just amazes me :D

I want 2 12's, wat amp should i get?

For two BTLs I would say SAZ4500d but I believe those are out of stock. The SAZ3500d would push them just fine though.

For two BTLs I would say SAZ4500d but I believe those are out of stock. The SAZ3500d would push them just fine though.

I cannot buy a 1000 dollar amp, would the Soundstream DTR.3400D be able to power 2 12" Fi BTLs?

SAMZ, if you're a true begineer, start with something lighter!

A Btl is really a beast, don't try to run 2. You can start with one 12" or one 15".

A 1500 or 2000 watts amplifier is enough and doesn't need to much electrical upgrades.

This would be very very loud for a first system! Be sure to have a good box: it is 50% of the work.

Like they told you, read all you can here on the forum. You will learn a lot.

If you really want 2 12" subs, go with 2 Fi BL for example, and the same amp.

Whatever you choose, you will want more later! So, don't start to big !!! :)

Remember you need power to make power.

SAMZ, if you're a true begineer, start with something lighter!

A Btl is really a beast, don't try to run 2. You can start with one 12" or one 15".

A 1500 or 2000 watts amplifier is enough and doesn't need to much electrical upgrades.

This would be very very loud for a first system! Be sure to have a good box: it is 50% of the work.

Like they told you, read all you can here on the forum. You will learn a lot.

If you really want 2 12" subs, go with 2 Fi BL for example, and the same amp.

Whatever you choose, you will want more later! So, don't start to big !!! :)

I thank you for this, how can i get a box for a BTL 15 im not goin huge like you said, id like to get a sundown amp with it, n all the crap to wire it. I think il be able to do it, i wired a wholee computer, ithink il b fine, you gotta learn somehow...

You can either make a box yourself, which if you are good with your hands, is really easy, or you could pay someone to make one.

You can either make a box yourself, which if you are good with your hands, is really easy, or you could pay someone to make one.

ya i will prob mak one, il prob need a guide, wat about remote gains such as a Clarion EQS746 to control the bass, i already have a pioneer deck, its pretty nice.

If this is your first system I'd recommend going much smaller to start out and get a feel for things. Going with subs like the SSA DCON or Incriminator 187 or the Daber Audio subs would require a MUCH smaller amp and all of these subs have proven themselves to be fantastic performing subs even though they're not real high power subs. Then, if you crave more you can work your way up to something like a pair of BTL's. BTL's, Mayhems and other high power high spl subs are different kinds of beasts. They need lots of power, which requires ALOT of electrical upgrades, expensive amps and enclosures built tough enuf to park a tank on. The amount of money you'd spend on the supporting systems for even 1 BTL, and do it the proper way, would surpass your imagination by the time you got done with an HO alt, batteries, power wires, installation gear, MDF etc. Thats not including the price of the amp or sub. I think you'd be surprised at what you could get out of some of the lower powered subs AND save some money to put toward other upgrades like sound deadening which would prepare your vehicle for the future upgrades.

I remember when I was starting out, I wanted all the best stuff too. You younger guys have a great advantage starting out with all the information that's available on the Internet to guide you as well. For that matter I still want the best money can buy, but I still have to settle for what I can afford. I have to say though, that starting out on the bottom and slowly working my way up has taught me alot of things that can really only be learned from experience. Don't get me wrong on what I was saying up there, if you truly have the money, time, support, patience and will-power to do the BTL then by all means go for it, but since you're a beginner I think you'd be better off starting with a more forgiving setup.

ya i will prob mak one, il prob need a guide, wat about remote gains such as a Clarion EQS746 to control the bass, i already have a pioneer deck, its pretty nice.

You don't need that Clarion thing. All sub amp come with a remote knob. I don't even use mine on mi Sundown saz 1500.

There are free design in the tecnical section here on ssa. Look at the top of the page. You can order custom designs too.

Some box builders makes wonderful boxes. If you don't live too far from one of them, order from them. You will be sure to have a perfect box for your car/amp/sub/taste !

yes they can get very expensive i just started my first big build and after 1 month of planning i'm probly 1500.00 into it and still need to get a extra battery and alternator for my electrical so i'm looking at about 750 more and i have one btl 12 and a saz 2000d custom box i built tuned to 33hz 50ft of 1/0 gauge to power everything and my big 3 bigger wire is not cheap i didn't expect the price but i'm too far in to turn back now and i know it will sound killer when i'm done :woot: