gadgeteer123

8" mid-bass drivers to keep up with xcon

I guess I don't see the point in adding another set of speakers to a system just to cover a single octave. Seems to me if we knew more about the system there may be better solutions.

Anyways, if you are dead set on adding these 8" midbass, and they are going "in the rear", why not port them aswell?

It's a waste.

Those are subwoofers... not midbass drivers

well there not going in the front there going in the rear next to the xcon in my wagon, in a simple square box.

:puzzled:

Midbass is ment to blend with your front stage.. if you can't fit them in the doors, then you should make kick panels.

Pick up these, Ascendant Audio 7" Carbons - SSA Car Audio Forum

Cheap, good, reconeable seeing as how you blow things up often.

I would like suggestions for some 8" mid-bass drivers that can easily keep up with my 15" xcon. I would prefer the cost to stay under $150. And to just let you know, I love mid-bass just as much as deep bass. I mean the mid-bass you can feel in your chest. From the 60-120hz range is what I need these to cover. Thanks

Techniqually midbass lies between 120 and 150 Hz your talking about bass frequencies that resonate your chest cavity (75 Hz)

I can't do kick panels because I can't modify the car at all. and It doesn't have to be a mid-bass driver. It just needs to cover the bass the xcon can't hit. up to about 100hz.

I can't do kick panels because I can't modify the car at all. and It doesn't have to be a mid-bass driver. It just needs to cover the bass the xcon can't hit. up to about 100hz.

Kick panels aren't part of your car... you build them separately from the vehicle and fit them into place over an existing panel.

Also, the xcon has no problem playing high, but it's a subwoofer, its ment to play low. Not to mention, your box is ported. Seal that beast up and it will be a different story.

They don't seem bad, but i somehow forsee me ripping those paper cones. I like to break my speakers. I am also getting a electrical upgrade soon to handle all of this.

Fixed?

And to add after reading the rest of the thread... Upgrade your electrical first and just take the help you get. From what I remember, your ideas either didn't work or broke your xcon. LISTEN to the suggestions of the experienced. If they say you can easily add the mid bass woofers to the kick, it's probably true.

I believe your suggestions, But why would I go through the work of kick panels in a car that i am only gonna be driving a few months? I just want to put something in the rear for now, until I get my own car and then i can make some kick panels for my next car. This is a temporary car so i need a temporary solution thats easy for now, and then can be set up the correct way when moved to my next car. Also I am ordering a 180 amp alternator on the 1st.

Also to let you know the kind of sound im going for, I currectnly have a 15" 150rms radioshack pa speaker in the back and it hit all those note I want with ease. So basically i'm looking to blend the punchyness of a pa speaker with my xcon.

Also to let you know the kind of sound im going for, I currectnly have a 15" 150rms radioshack pa speaker in the back and it hit all those note I want with ease. So basically i'm looking to blend the punchyness of a pa speaker with my xcon.

Oooooh can you remove the horn and or tweet or is that why your using the PA speaker. It's not gonna blend well.

The horns are disconnected. It sounds great for rock and some techno. I love how it get the mirror moving with drum kicks. I have it crossovered at 100hz with 24db slope. Well i have an idea I will get my electrical upgraded and wait for my xcon to get back from the shop, and I will see if I like the way it sounds with the pa speaker hooked up at the same time, and I will let you know how it sounds, i have a separate amp i can use for the pa speaker.

Edited by Small Town Audiophile

A good temp fix would be, wait til you get your car...

If you're like me and everyone else I know, a couple months will turn into like a year. Best bet is to either do it right or don't do it.

If you're like me and everyone else I know, a couple months will turn into like a year. Best bet is to either do it right or don't do it.

x324234823048239482309420384324832048032948320948320948320840329840328403284093284329480329480329480329840324

Listen to the experienced users here, you seem not to listen then go break your stuff then blame us.

:suicide-santa:

If you want to go all out I don't think anything would beat this.

Bad Mofo 8" Mid-bass

That is NOT a midbass, not even close. Listen to one once, lol.

What do you guys think about me getting these???

Ascendant Audio 7" Carbons - SSA Car Audio Forum - Page 2

No. Not even close. Your thread title states keep up. If you ran those in ANY sort of normal definition of midbass frequencies they will get killed by the Xcon.

Again you fail at thread making. Ask a question that is SPECIFIC to what you need in your application and not some generic crap that gets people to give you all sorts of bad advice.

I guess I will wait until I get my own car and i will try and make a better topic about this later.

fyi, I just ordered a 180amp alternator for my wagon, so atleast my xcon will be getting plenty of power.

fyi, I just ordered a 180amp alternator for my wagon, so atleast my xcon will be getting plenty of power.

:fing34: nice upgrade man

Thanks. It was needed, because my amp would distort even if there was a 2 volt drop. and I could get it down to 10 volts if cranked. Now it should stay above 13v

Ok, well I have the xcon installed again along with the rewound alternator to 180amps. New 0 gauge wire and Big 3, my voltage doesn't dip on the low notes anymore and it stays above 13v for the high notes, It sounds much better and intense now. Also since i got this new alternator my upper bass is more noticeable, but I still am lacking what I want. Also an update to what i am looking for i need a 6.5"-10" driver that will be as loud as the xcon in the 60hz-100hz area. The enclosure it will be going in needs to be less than 1 cu ft. This all will be going in a 92 buick century wagon, I would like the cost to be less than $150 per driver, and when i say as loud I mean i want to feel everything from the drum kicks to the bass of the announcers voice. Also as far as what i already have in the car, i have polk db 4x6 in the front window, polk momo 6x9's in the rear in non sealed enclosures, hooked up to a 400rms crunch amp with 12 gauge wire for the speakers. So let me know what you guys think.

Tang band I think makes a 8" midbass. I may be wrong but check on parts express