Ok guys I have a 2010 tahoe with my stock alt and a DC 270 xp alt. They are both on a bracket, but what I really want to know is how to run my second alt at 18v. PLEASE be very detailed because I did not put the alt in and have very little experience with this sort of thing. Thanks ahead of time.

Are you only going to hook that alt up to dedicated batteries for the system? I sure hope so. As for how to do it...... turn up the voltage regulator until it gets to 18 volts. If you don't know how to run a system on 18 volts, you need to do more google researching before you even start thinking about it.

ur alt should be internally regulated as Dc Power frowns on externally regulated requests.

why? Because external regs they currently have bypass the temp monitoring system and they do not want that.

You will want a VCM if one is ready for your vehicle. You will need to have this alt hooked up to 16v batts ONLY!

Any charge wire ran off this alt needs to go to 16v batts FIRST and ONLY!

Connect amp(s) that are 18v capable to your 16v batts.

I do not know the accuracy of this but i have heard that the remote turn on lead should be from a 16v source as well and not from the head unit.

Ok thanks I was wondering about the vcm ok yea and the alt will be connected to the 16volt battery bank. Also can anyone chime in on the remote wire statement?

Question is. Why do you feel you need to run 18v? Do you compete heavily? Do you just want more power?

sorry for waiting so long but yes. I do plan to compete Heavily.