Sign in to follow this  
ShaneSauce

What RF amp do I have?

Traded my friend for what looks like a rf t-1000 monoblock.

This is exactly what it looks like but it has no rf sticker on the front, but it does have the rf sticker on the back with the serial number and whatnot.

It has 2 channels NOT 1 does this mean its not a 1000rms mono block? I hooked it up to my type e 12 and it worked fine.

41d%2B9JagZ0L._SS500_.jpg

Nevermind guys I found it.

Rockford Fosgate® - T10001bd

It has 2 speaker channels which led me to think it wasn't a t1000 mono.

But it looks like that's what I have now

:woot:

It's probably internally wired to make it look as if its a 2 channel amp. That just makes wiring subs easier. Does the amp have fuses? True mono block amps have no fuses.

Nice amp! The T-series is a power house.

It's probably internally wired to make it look as if its a 2 channel amp. That just makes wiring subs easier. Does the amp have fuses? True mono block amps have no fuses.

Says who?

I have a PG 4ch amp that has no built in fusing, and I had a Alpine PDX 1000.1 (mono) that had 4 25amp blade fuses on the back.

RF has been doing dual speaker terminal mono blocks for years, as have many other manufacturers.

Yep my PDX 1000 had 4 fuses. My JL dont. Nice RF amp.

Say WHA?

I'm not sure where you heard this, but it is inaccurate sir. Please reference the SAZ-1000 and SAZ-1,500 as proof "true mono block amps" can have internal fusing.