Sign in to follow this  
Electrodynamic

My new babies!

I know that some of you either don't care, or don't know, about the importance of good RCA's and speaker wire but I got my new Tara Labs Spectrum 3 interconnects in and wanted to show them off. :D

BTW: I am running all Tara Labs in my vehicle - Spectrum 3 RCA's and Omni speaker wire. This stuff makes normal speaker wire sound like total a$$. And trust me, there is a difference.

post-111-1127430969_thumb.jpg

post-111-1127430984_thumb.jpg

post-111-1127431002_thumb.jpg

Here we go. :P

They are pretty!

This is a STEREO INTEGRITY forum.... please keep things on topic here.

j/k... how much did they run you, got a link for them????

$180 is just a stupid amount of money to waste on 1 cable.

They do look very nice, but i can get some decient rca's for $25 and i'll be happy.

Good speaker cable....wtf

im not even going to go there

I do agree that quality RCA's and speaker cable are a must. But what is good for you is what matters.

I have some Stinger Bullet series RCA's that ran me about $50 and I am happy with them. however I should have gone for the dream series.

ive used radioshack, walmart, and high quality stingers. and ive never heard\noticed a difference...

care to elaborate... -_-

I do agree that quality RCA's and speaker cable are a must. But what is good for you is what matters.

I have some Stinger Bullet series RCA's that ran me about $50 and I am happy with them. however I should have gone for the dream series.

I just want something that looks nice and wont break on me.

Those KK Klarity Kables your bro had worked for me...

They do look very nice, but i can get some decient rca's for $25 and i'll be happy.

Ask Jake about "not even going to go there" and SQ with cables. I was once standing in your same shoes until I heard the difference. Saying cables don't make a difference is like saying a speaker is a speaker - they all do the same thing. :D

Until you sit down and hear a cable vs. another cable on the same system (i.e., a good cable vs. a normal cable) don't say that a cable is just a cable. Another analogy is "an amp is an amp."

I knew this was going to come to this thread and I find it quite funny. It's interesting to see such biast views on cable when most people who bash cable have yet to hear a really good pair of speaker wires or interconnects. As I said before, I have been there, done that. I bashed high-end cable with the best of them. "It's science." (Anchorman plug) Science has proved that there is no difference in cable...so that should be it, right? Wrong. :poop:

Ask Jake about "not even going to go there" and SQ with cables. I was once standing in your same shoes until I heard the difference. Saying cables don't make a difference is like saying a speaker is a speaker - they all do the same thing. :D

Until you sit down and hear a cable vs. another cable on the same system (i.e., a good cable vs. a normal cable) don't say that a cable is just a cable. Another analogy is "an amp is an amp."

I knew this was going to come to this thread and I find it quite funny. It's interesting to see such biast views on cable when most people who bash cable have yet to hear a really good pair of speaker wires or interconnects. As I said before, I have been there, done that. I bashed high-end cable with the best of them. "It's science." (Anchorman plug) Science has proved that there is no difference in cable...so that should be it, right? Wrong. :poop:

Where did you see " cable is cable " ?

I shure dont see it anywhere.

The " not going there" was for the speaker wire, not the RCA's

I wasnt bashing anything, i was simply stating that i wouldnt spend my money on cable/wire that costs that much. I did comment that they were very nice, which they are

Even then, ask Jake about that. :) He was Mr. Negativity on the speaker wire thing and he changed his mind after I demo'd a pair for him.

...and I was just giving an example of what most people say. I never mis-quoted you on anything. Anything I quoted from you...you said. ...although I do see where you're getting that from now - I didn't mean it in that way. Again, just a normal response that some people say about cable/RCA's.

How does one even sell " SQ" speaker wire ?

does it have magic dust in it or something ?

Guys, the pros/cons of cheap/expensive cable aren't even up for debate here...we hear what we hear...and heck, the guy is just showing off some new shizz that he picked up.

That's just funny. 'care to buy a 6' run and listen to it? All you have to do is listen...not bash without hearing, but listen. :D

...and as I've said before, I've been in your shoes before!! :Doh:

And as Damian posted, this is all moot. Come over to listen to the difference in cable blind-folded and then we'll post on here about whether or not cable makes a difference.

Guys, the pros/cons of cheap/expensive cable aren't even up for debate here...we hear what we hear...and heck, the guy is just showing off some new shizz that he picked up.

I just want to know what makes "SQ" speaker wire better than the average esoteric stuff.

That's just funny. 'care to buy a 6' run and listen to it? All you have to do is listen...not bash without hearing, but listen. :D

...and as I've said before, I've been in your shoes before!! :Doh:

And as Damian posted, this is all moot. Come over to listen to the difference in cable blind-folded and then we'll post on here about whether or not cable makes a difference.

what are you talking about ?

Im just curious to know about the wire.

i said no way in hell as well...

if i hadn't heard it with my own ears in the 4 runner i'd still be waving the BS flag high and proud :)

I'm guessing it is made out of a more pure form of copper and is oxygen free? But you also have those speaker wires that are braided for some kind of cancellation or something. Rockford fosgate was doing it a while back not sure if they still are.

Do you think we'll ever see gold speaker wire?

Silver's been out for a while...if gold comes out, I won't be surprised.

Read on Tara Labs' web site about their wire, it's all explained there - rectangular solid core, their insulation, etc.

I want to know what makes one wire better than another. Not to argue but I want to learn. There is no way I can afford $180 wire so I want to see if I can find something comparable with the same feature set and a lower price. And I know I can read the site but these companies put out so much smoke and mirrors that I don't know what really makes a diff and what does not. And then does it matter only in certain music types. I mean I love Jimmy but can it really get clearer or is this a mozart only type of thing? Is the difference like going from tape to CD?