sound=vibration

Who wants to?? (LOOK INSIDE)

So heres the deal I need someone to design a Transmission Line for one of my ICONS!! I have decided I want to start playing with a variety of different boxes. It will be a single 12in Icon or we could even do a Horn design which ever fits lol. It will be in my Hatch!

So whos up for the challange I can get you Dims...

I could also shoot you $5 dollars via paypal if you like..

prepare for the flames and the lols

Bromo might be of help at www.caraudio-forum.com.

max external dimensions?

max external dimensions?

Here ya go..

With the seats up which would be ideal.

16 1/2in top depth

26in bottom depth

16 3/4 H

35 1/2 W

Does not have to be angles if it is not needed just obviosly stay under 16 1/2 deep

Now if need be I can lay my rear seats down and Depth would then be around 38in top and bottom

Edited by sound=vibration

I don't think those dimensions are big enough to use for an 8" Labyrinth. I don't know about a folded horn.

I tried a labyrinth once, it didn't work out so well, the box was around 48" x 36" x 8".

I'd start doing allot of reading before I tried one again.

max external dimensions?

Here ya go..

16 1/2in top depth

26in bottom depth

16 3/4 H

35 1/2 W

Does not have to be angles if it is not needed just obviosly stay under 16 1/2 deep

Now if need be I can lay my rear seats down and Depth would then be around 38in top and bottom

Not nearly enough space, you'll have to choose another alignment.

max external dimensions?

Here ya go..

16 1/2in top depth

26in bottom depth

16 3/4 H

35 1/2 W

Not nearly enough space, you'll have to choose another alignment.

Thats what I thought.. Oh well .. Is there any other enclosure you would suggest other than the obvious sealed and ported enclosures

Without a purpose? Never.

ABC x2 if you wanted Tline in the first place. Could use aeroports to save place.

ABC x2 if you wanted Tline in the first place. Could use aeroports to save place.

ABC??? Sorry I dont understand?

Aperiodic Bi-Chamber

Here's a good sample image that explains the basic properties.

ported-dc.gif

Aperiodic Bi-Chamber

ported-dc.gif

this would be cool to try

Aperiodic Bi-Chamber

ported-dc.gif

What are the advantages disadvantages ect.

Its worth a shot to me if i can get it to fit.

Basically I am looking to try out different boxes to see the way the icon acts in them. I might have to get a ten so we can do a Tline ect with that!! Of course if that would fit again.. Damb small car.

Edited by sound=vibration

That looks the same as a double chamber reflex (ABC), if so you have 2 tuning frequencies ~ an octive apart with a dip in response between them.

One chamber is usually ~ twice the size of the other and the volume of both chambers is your net (target) volume. Also, all three ports are the same length.

According to Weems and Koonce

It's supposed to sound more like a sealed box but with better low extension than you'd expect from a sealed box of a similar size. I've always wanted to try one,but never did.

Edited by cobra93

They were really in about 5 or 6 years ago, a few topics on TP about them. I have always wanted to try one. Would be fun to put an Icon 10 in one. :)

Aperiodic Bi-Chamber

ported-dc.gif

Basically I am looking to try out different boxes to see the way the icon acts in them. I might have to get a ten so we can do a Tline ect with that!! Of course if that would fit again.. Damb small car.

Considering you are asking the benefit in car is dubious and will be failed if you are only willing a single attempt. On top of that without knowing your goals it probably isn't right for you anyways.

And even if you bought a 6" driver you don't have space for a T-line. Give that thought up.

Aperiodic Bi-Chamber

ported-dc.gif

Considering you are asking the benefit in car is dubious and will be failed if you are only willing a single attempt. On top of that without knowing your goals it probably isn't right for you anyways.

And even if you bought a 6" driver you don't have space for a T-line. Give that thought up.

Goals are to try out the icon in different enclosures what ever it may be. Realistically I would like something with great lows!! No one said anything as far as a single attempt goes I always have extra wood and dont mind building something for my self once in a while. So in short my goal is to find an enclosure that will really show case the icon with great low end response I am not too big on sudwoofers playing over 50hrz so it does not have to roll off at an extremly high fq and numbers are not an issue in this case..