Sign in to follow this  
kryptonitewhite

148.2 @ 25Hz Term Lab VIDEO

I thought I posted this here already but I can't find it:

I was clipping horribly, especially from 15Hz-20Hz, I need 2 more HO alts and 4 more batteries

on my last few burps, after bottoming out a few times, it sounded funny. assumed that a coil or 3 or 4 was bent.

CIMG1974.jpg

CIMG1975.jpg

CIMG1976.jpg

CIMG1977.jpg

CIMG1978.jpg

CIMG1979.jpg

the bottom 2 subs are coil-on-top plate... stuck all the way out. Other 2 subs are scratchy... bent formers, unraveling coils.

Had 2 stuck subs and 2 blown subs on the last few burps and "Put ON"!!!

RE XXX time? hahaha 148.2 @ 25 Hz is very impressive though. Maybe you should try a bandpass to limit excursion of the subs :shrug:

What i want to see is 160 @ 20hz :P you can do it!

RE XXX time? hahaha 148.2 @ 25 Hz is very impressive though. Maybe you should try a bandpass to limit excursion of the subs :shrug:

YEP! lol. thank you!

I made a video of candy shop last nite with the top 2 subs, left one is blown but still going, bottom 2 are seazed: coil on top plate... so I disconnected them from the amps. Got all four blue lights, amps are OK.

"put on" 148.2

LP set to 31.5Hz, HP set to 20Hz... only wanted the low note. clipping is terrible, not bad for needing 2 more HO alts and 4 more batteries!

132.5 15Hz 136.7 17Hz 140.3 18Hz 142.5 19Hz 143.8 20Hz 144.9 21Hz 145.7 22Hz

Terrible clipping, not as bad from 23Hz on up, but 15Hz-22Hz was massive clipping. So now I need 2 more HO alts and 4 more batteries.

4 Fi IB3 18's, 50 cubic feet, 20" diameter port 18" long for a 23Hz tune (more like 55 cubic feet 20Hz tune, but I'll do impedance sweeps later to get exact)

147.7 23Hz hair trick unintentional

My resonant frequancy appeared to be 43Hz and 63Hz, according to the Tem Lab operator...but I think that was just harmonics he was going by. We never got to make a sweep, I wonder if I could get in the 50's up high where it gets real loud.

..and that's what happens when you put infinite baffle woofers in a box...

:)

so you dont have people with BTLs breaking theirs when they burp? I guess youll have to look for my order for 6 BTLs then Nick

so you dont have people with BTLs breaking theirs when they burp? I guess youll have to look for my order for 6 BTLs then Nick

Sure they break them..when they don't have their subsonic filter set properly and play way below tuning and shred the soft parts...

Burping is generally on tuning, and is the least stressful on the soft parts mechanically speaking..

Point is, you bought IB woofers that are made for 550 watts @ 20Hz and have a single spider on them and put them in a ported box...it's not made for that. It's like taking a lotus and trying to go mud bogging with it...i'm surprised they lasted as long as they did to be dead honest with you.

Car audio subs..are made for car audio..those subs aren't made for a ported box in a vehicle.tBTL's have a LOT stiffer suspension on them and keep things under control to an extent...I told you that when you bought them and you didn't want to listen :)

Sure they break them..when they don't have their subsonic filter set properly and play way below tuning and shred the soft parts...

Burping is generally on tuning, and is the least stressful on the soft parts mechanically speaking..

Point is, you bought IB woofers that are made for 550 watts @ 20Hz and have a single spider on them and put them in a ported box...it's not made for that. It's like taking a lotus and trying to go mud bogging with it...i'm surprised they lasted as long as they did to be dead honest with you.

Car audio subs..are made for car audio..those subs aren't made for a ported box in a vehicle.tBTL's have a LOT stiffer suspension on them and keep things under control to an extent...I told you that when you bought them and you didn't want to listen :)

and I still disagree with you, Nick, respectfully. If I didn't burp them and crank them full blast, clipping the shit out of my amps and bottoming the subs, they'd still be fine. I went into it knowing full well i was going to break them either by burning coils, bottoming, or both :)

WinISD:

All things being equal, 23Hz tune vs 33Hz tune, 33Hz gets a 12dB gain

23v33.jpg

All things equal, Fi Q (built for my application) vs IB3 ( "can't/won't work not designed to work in my application")

qvib3.jpg

Even 23Hz vs 31Hz, 9dB gain

23v31.jpg

Edited by kryptonitewhite

...and WinISD models in a vehicle since when?

You are totally missing transfer function..and how a vehicle works.

Why in the world..would we say DO NOT PUT THESE IN A BOX...if they could be put in a ported box?

You put Q's in that enclosure you'd gain and wouldn't break them...as fast at least. We told you..don't do it...and you didn't listen. It is a single spider sub that is made for 550 watts at 20Hz, IB..that's it..nothing more.

I can't make you listen...but we wouldn't tell you to NOT do something..multiple times...if we didn't think they were going to break. They aren't made for what you put them in...at all...

You don't buy a lambo to go mud racing. You buy a mud racer to go mud racing.

Why would you buy a product made for a specific application and use it in the wrong application type and know you would clip it bottom out drivers and burn voice coils?

Why why why :suicide-santa:

...and WinISD models in a vehicle since when?

You are totally missing transfer function..and how a vehicle works.

Why in the world..would we say DO NOT PUT THESE IN A BOX...if they could be put in a ported box?

You put Q's in that enclosure you'd gain and wouldn't break them...as fast at least. We told you..don't do it...and you didn't listen. It is a single spider sub that is made for 550 watts at 20Hz, IB..that's it..nothing more.

I can't make you listen...but we wouldn't tell you to NOT do something..multiple times...if we didn't think they were going to break. They aren't made for what you put them in...at all...

You don't buy a lambo to go mud racing. You buy a mud racer to go mud racing.

:ehh:

i love this guy!

uhhh... :puzzled: