Sign in to follow this  
metheman

I GOT AN IDEA. BUT I NEED OPINIONS

Ok so let me say that im brand new to this forum as you can see first post. I been interested in fi car audio for awhile now.

TO THE POINT.

I got a ford taurus ses stock. (leather interior) .

IM GETTIN A FI BTL 15" ANY IDEAS??? I DONT UNDERSTAND ALL THOSE OTHER ADDED ACCESORIES BUT IF THEY HELP I WILL BUY.

I also need opinions on amp and best way for a 15" fi btl in a 2002 ford taurus ses i want this car to QUAKEEEE!!!!! .. eventually ill upgrade to 2x fi btls

Edited by drew_dat

Ok so let me say that im brand new to this forum as you can see first post. I been interested in fi car audio for awhile now.

TO THE POINT.

I got a ford taurus ses stock. (leather interior) .

IM GETTIN A FI BTL 15" ANY IDEAS??? I DONT UNDERSTAND ALL THOSE OTHER ADDED ACCESORIES BUT IF THEY HELP I WILL BUY.

I also need opinions on amp and best way for a 15" fi btl in a 2002 ford taurus ses i want this car to QUAKEEEE!!!!! .. eventually ill upgrade to 2x fi btls

Don't forget about your electrical. You won't be able to power that btl fully without electrical upgrades. Big 3, batts, alt, etc...

Big three, high out put alt, another battery, and a volt meter, for starters.

ok i know you need a descent amp preferably 2,000 + watts since the fi btl can handle 2,000 rms. But Like i said im new. how do i know if i need a new alternator or new battery and how do i find the right one.

I place my car make, model and year so someone with education and know how could easily tell me a nice setup

BEST AMP? BEST ALTERNATOR? BEST BATTERY? for 2002 taurus ses

If you're going over 2k, you're more than likely going to need a new alternator to keep up with the amp draw, same with the battery.

The best amp, alt and batt all depend on who you ask.

Depending on what you are trying to do with your setup, you MAY be able to get away with not upgrading the Alt since you are a novice. If you have the extra money I would def recommend getting it done, but you will 100% want to add a battery or two. This will help your electrical system. As far as an amplifier, look at the Sundown Audio SAZ-2500D.

Thats my 2 cents on your personal situation.

Also, if no one has recommend sound deadner to you, it will enhance your setup as well. I would look into getting a DYNAMAT/BALLASTIC/ROADKILL application installed throughout your trunk at a minimum.

As for alternators DC Power Engineering makes some badass alternators and as for batteries i would go with Xs power.

Why a 15? 2 12's would have more cone area and you can all but forget 2 15's.

How much money do you have for this project?

Yes to Lancelot.

What is your budget? That will help us guide you with what line of products to go with. I mean, my BTL setup cost around $2000 and i could have easily spent more. Hell, i probably need to spend more. Are you prepared to drop that amount of money on this project?