kryptonitewhite

battery light comes on when heavy accellerating voltage drops reving

So I got on it today getting on the interstate, battery light came on, stayed on a few seconds then went off. Put it in neutral, reved it, nothing for a few seconds, stopped reving, light came on a few seconds. Pulled over, put DMM on front battery 14.18. Reved it up, droped to 13.2...stereo off. Checked rear batts, 14.18 running, dropped to 13.5 off, probably would have kept dropping slowly.

O'Reilley AGM in front, 2 large O'Reilley AGMs in back 100aH. Iraggi HO alt, the highest at idle lowest peak: 160-180 idle, 200-220 peak.

check each batt individually several hrs after vehicle was last turned off for accurate rest level.

either one or more of ur batts is REALLY low or u may have burned a diode out in the alt.

also, do u have any belt squeal? make sure that thing is still on there good.

Sounds like an alternator problem.

Battery light usually indicates insuffient charging. (bad alternator)

Check the pulley on the alternator for particles of belt (specks of black coating) as you may be slipping and not knowing it or it may not give signs (squeals). Or bad alternator.

I had to get a smaller belt since the pulley is smaller, and I got the high quality one knowing Id have a slightly tougher load. The belt doiesnt seem to slip. I know Iraggi is revamping, think Ill have any luck calling?

Take alt to a auto parts house just for a load test. That way you will know what you are dealing with. just a suggestion, Thanks ...

I went to Van's today, the local rebuild shop. The guy took the big ass DMM to my battery to confirm the voltage drop, told me to pull it and bring it in for a real test, and get this shit: He told me not to add alts but add batteries! So yup, Ill go to Advanced and O'reilleys now :(

made a vid showing the drop on the van's voltmeter while driving. I dont hear any squeel, it happens even at low RPM...

Went and load tested the alt, only doing 99A (rated 160-200A @ idle 220 peak above 1500 RPM) and tested the batteries, theyre all good. Guess I gotta get ahold of Iraggi and see if it's a warranty issue. yay!

Unless you live down the street from Iraggi, I doubt you're going to be able to get a hold of him. Good luck though.

Unless you live down the street from Iraggi, I doubt you're going to be able to get a hold of him. Good luck though.

thats what Ive been afraid of... been emailing for months about ordering 2 more alts, and now twice about this...no reply, nor on FB site

Isn't 99A the biggest amount of amps tehy can measure? :peepwall:

shrug i have no idea

pulled the Iraggi today, was gonna drop the stock back in so I have a vehicle to drive till I get it repaired and order a 2nd alt. The stock one has been sitting on a shelf in the basement since I pulled it. it didnt get wet, but it's been humid. The damn thing rusted and I cant even spin the pulley! Now what the f do I do? I am stranded at home, cant get ahold of Iraggi.

hehe. What do you do? Call DC power.

No, really. They may be able to help you. They will help even if you don't buy anything.

hehe. What do you do? Call DC power.

No, really. They may be able to help you. They will help even if you don't buy anything.

email sent :) I emailed them 2 weeks ago and talked to Kevin about a bracket. Thank you!

I know a lot of people are gonna talk ****, but 4 separate forums have said the same thing. But it never fails, anything I do, so many people think they gotta say sumthin stupid and when I get mad Im told not to over react.

I was told to spray her down. So I did. Do I need to use anything to remove it from the pulley after it sits over nite?

CIMG2558.jpg

CIMG2559.jpg

CIMG2560.jpg

CIMG2561.jpg

CIMG2562.jpg

CIMG2563.jpg

CIMG2564.jpg

CIMG2565.jpg

CIMG2566.jpg

CIMG2567.jpg

CIMG2568.jpg

CIMG2569.jpg

not sprayed yet, wood that got wet previousely

CIMG2570.jpg

not sprayed yet

CIMG2571.jpg

sprayed

CIMG2572.jpg

You meant Kyle, right? I don't think there's a Kevin at DC Power. Good luck though. Hopefully it works again after.

brought the HO alt and the stock alt back to Vans, talked to the owner this time. What a difference. We had a blast going back and forth, guy knows his shit. The brush tensioner spring went bad. He replaced the assembly for me and I gave him my stock alt. I know he came out ahead, but my HO alt works great so I don't care!

Glad to hear you got your problems situated. :drink40: