AndrewBR98

recommend me a good amp please!

hey all i am looking to upgrade from my us amps xt1600.2 which i recently found out is highly over rated (noob purchase..my bad) to something with a more true rms rating. i am looking to spend about $250 tops and although i know that is not a very big budget i just need something that pushes closer to the 1000rms rating of my ssa icon 12''. i am looking at hifonics brand amps and have come across these two. http://www.audiosavings.com/products/Car-Amplifiers/HIFONICS-BRUTUS-BRZ1200.1D-1200w-MONO-AMPLIFIERAMP-KIT/BRZ1200.1D---XK4B1.aspx and http://www.audiosavings.com/products/Car-Amplifiers/HIFONICS-HFI1500D-1500W-MONO-CLASS-D-AMPLIFIERAMP-KIT/HFI1500D---XK4B1.aspx. these look like a good deal with free shipping and a 4 gauge wiring kit included (i now have a crappy walmart 8 gauge thing that is limiting my power so i need to upgrade to something bigger). any other suggestions would be highly appreciated! thanks!

AQ 1200 for 250 shipped

Us Amps MD1D for 250

For a 1000watts I'd use 0gauge or 2gauge not 4gauge.

i was just literally looking at the audiopipes...but i was thinking about going with the ap1500d and running my d2 icon at 2 ohms? would that work? because it would be nice to have the ability to wire down to 1 ohm if i ever decide to add another sub and have the extra 500 watts. thanks for the suggestions!

Nevermind, researched and found I can't wire a d2 sub at 2 ohms...dur. It looks like I will go with the ap1000 then. Thanks for the help!

i think im going to go with this wiring kit http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KCA-PK0 but what fuse size do i order? i probably want one smaller than the size of the fuses on the ap1000 correct? but im not sure what that is. any help would be appreciated because im about to order this thing!!

i was reading through the description on the ap1000 and it says that it has a in line fuse that is included along with the amp..should i use that one with the 1/0 gauge or the one that is included in the wiring kit?

You actually fuse the power wire for it's current capability. OFC 1/0 gauge up to 300 amps and CCA up to 250 amps.

alright its copper clad aluminum so i should go with the 250a fuse? thanks for the reply!