Sign in to follow this  
The_Cube

Some B&W's film photography

Decided to post some of the black and white photography that I have done in the past many years. Not much, just a taste.

All were taken with a Nikon FE2.

4934365478_5b756a2547_b.jpg

There is a lot of dust on this one from a bad scan, but after posting this picture other places, people said that they like the dust and advised me to just keep it how it is.

4940902586_7b76467de3_b.jpg

4940903330_71dc67480d_b.jpg

2578916523_16c6bebe4c_b.jpg

I primarily shoot digital. Rarely do I mess with film.

Thanks for looking!

I love film! Digital is much easier to work with, but you just can't beat the look of film! I like the composition of the second shot.

Yeah, I love film too, just it is damn pricey! You cannot compare the clarity, contrast, and just look of film. The FE2 is actually my dads, so if I want to shoot some film, I go home and use his camera.

My digital stuff with my own camera is here, in case you might be somewhat interested:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/redshade11/

Love the pictures, and I agree with the second picture having some dust spots when scanned, it adds to the picture :)

Yeah, I love film too, just it is damn pricey! You cannot compare the clarity, contrast, and just look of film. The FE2 is actually my dads, so if I want to shoot some film, I go home and use his camera.

My digital stuff with my own camera is here, in case you might be somewhat interested:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/redshade11/

Cool stuff man! I a big fan of B&W but most of my clients prefer color. To see my stuff go to: www.blacktiefoto.com and some recent stuff is on our fan page on FB. BTP Fan Page I just posted 3 teaser shots in B&W of one of our more famous clients Adam Chojnacki.

Keep up the good work!

Very nice pics!

My daughter is an aspiring wanna be photographer!

:fing34:

Very Nice!! Have always liked the look of B&W.

HUGE B&W fan!!!!!

Loving the pics, and will agree I like films look and overall feel better. But for me digital is the most convenient. I really need a good camera, use the P&S for deployments and in the truck.

J

I really need a good camera, use the P&S for deployments and in the truck.

Right now, IF I could get another lens, body, flash, or anything, I would probably choose a P&S camera. I love my Canon, but after 5 years or so with it, it is just too damn big, heavy, and just a pain to carry around. I wish I could take a camera with me that I could fit in my pocket. Plus, I know some P&S cameras that shoot GREAT pictures, so don't take yours for granted! :fing34:

I appreciate all of the great words guys! :drink40:

very nice pictures!! I loved photo class in HS! All we messed with was film, we had to remove, roll, develop, and everything it was awesome!! Just alot of work and equipment if you arent gonna make money from it. But your work looks good man!!

I really need a good camera, use the P&S for deployments and in the truck.

Right now, IF I could get another lens, body, flash, or anything, I would probably choose a P&S camera. I love my Canon, but after 5 years or so with it, it is just too damn big, heavy, and just a pain to carry around. I wish I could take a camera with me that I could fit in my pocket. Plus, I know some P&S cameras that shoot GREAT pictures, so don't take yours for granted! :fing34:

I appreciate all of the great words guys! :drink40:

Well if you wanna off load an old camera, check out Canons Loyalty Program. I called and its to much info to type, but you are allowed to trade in any old camera, working or not, for a refurbished Canon. So when I called to verify, they said yes, and you are allowed to do it 3 times under your name. Applies at all Canon camera except the 1 series. So we are trading in 2 old used Canon P&S we picked up at Goodwill for Refurbished 5D Mark II's for a lot less then normal refurb price. They come with a warranty too. Also picking up some G11's I think.

So a 5D Mark II refurbished right from Canons Direct store is 2099.00. Trading in our $3 film camera's, we were quoted at $1200.00 for the 5d Mark II. The G11 was like $230 or so. New its $444.00 through B&H. Refurb is around $350.00 when they have them in stock.

Check it out by calling them directly and asking about the loyalty program! :drink40:

Well if you wanna off load an old camera, check out Canons Loyalty Program. I called and its to much info to type, but you are allowed to trade in any old camera, working or not, for a refurbished Canon. So when I called to verify, they said yes, and you are allowed to do it 3 times under your name. Applies at all Canon camera except the 1 series. So we are trading in 2 old used Canon P&S we picked up at Goodwill for Refurbished 5D Mark II's for a lot less then normal refurb price. They come with a warranty too. Also picking up some G11's I think.

So a 5D Mark II refurbished right from Canons Direct store is 2099.00. Trading in our $3 film camera's, we were quoted at $1200.00 for the 5d Mark II. The G11 was like $230 or so. New its $444.00 through B&H. Refurb is around $350.00 when they have them in stock.

Check it out by calling them directly and asking about the loyalty program! :drink40:

I have heard about this before and sounds like a great idea, but I wouldn't want to get rid of my DSLR to get a P&S. I've put too much money into my DSLR with lenses, flash, CF cards, battery's, etc. But, in the next 100 years when I have money to spend, I will probably be taking advantage of this program!! :fing34:

And nice choice in getting the 5D Mark II! The 5D, either I or II, would be my next DSLR if I could buy one now. I have such a long wish-list for photography equipment with a very short stack of cash. I don't even go to BHphoto.com anymore because it is like walking into BestBuy with no money to spend! It sucks.. :shrug:

I hear you! B&H is the devil! Makes me wanna sell my kid for gear!lol It applies to any camera. So I am saying go finding a busted or cheap Canon some place and trade it in for a discounted Canon P&S like a G11 or even an S series. Save a ton of cash that way. You can literal send them a $3 Canon film P&S you found at a garage sale and get a G11 for half of what it is brand new. Or what ever model you want.

We rock 2 5d's as main bodies and a 40d and a 1d Mark II as backups now. So we wanna get the 5D mark II's as mains and keep the 5d's as backups and off load the rest.

Edited by Teampapi79

nice photos man.... really need to try and get into this... Might be able to pick up a Sony Alpha 33 on the cheap soon.... Can't wait!