Robert

Does remote line cause speaker thud?

I have spent most of yesterday checking connections and redoing them. Before that the only thing I did was actually put a crimp on the main remote line running to the amps as to how I had them before just twisted together and taped. before the crimp I rarely got that THUD sound and now it happens every time I take key out of ignition without turning off radio first.

Heres what I have

kenwood HU running to,

clarion EQ,

from there to one Rockford P1000-1bd and a P400-4

I guess I'm being lazy and should just undo that crimp but I think that crimp is stronger than just twisting line together, could I be wrong? could I have done the crimp wrong?

i never use crimps to connect wire i either get longer wire or i solder them together. i don't really trust crimping personally.

as for the THUD noise that isn't to cool I know my system used to have it untill i disconnected everything and rewired everything which includes a RELAY!

Check your HU ground.

I had checked the ground as well as power at head unit and soldered them. I was reading a thread on noises and possible solutions I need to check the back of the radio because I 'm pretty sure its touching a piece of frame right under it, could this be where the noise is coming from?

If I wire the EQ to get its signal and power through a relay does the relay delay the EQ from powering down before the amps? :puzzled:

I wouldn't wire an EQ's power to a relay. Wire that straight to the battery (with a fuse). The turn-on for the EQ can be on a relay, though, and I'd recommend hooking up the amps remote to that relay also.

I'm off tomorrow I will give the relay a try thanks for the help will keep you guys posted.

Unless the amp is the 1st thing off and last thing on, you get thud. Period.

It's that simple.

does it damage anything? sometimes i get that as well, scares me. i always turn the volume down to like 3 to try and avoid it. :puzzled:

Normally you'll never damage anything. It is too low in frequency to hit anything but subs and mids and they can usually soak up short term bursts like that without issue.

Normally you'll never damage anything. It is too low in frequency to hit anything but subs and mids and they can usually soak up short term bursts like that without issue.

Sweet, thanks for clearing that up!

I understand its that simple I just wanted to know if the relay would delay the EQ or not giving amps time to shut down first.