Sign in to follow this  
SoundSplinter

Premium & Ignition Series Updates

It shure did look cool.

But if it doesnt serve a purpose then its outta here !

Negative, that is one of the primary reasons for the redesign because, though it did make it look beastly, it served no functional need and was in fact a hinderance to the overall performance of the driver since the material it used was much thicker and resistive to movement than necessary.  The driver was never designed to use the full stroke that the tall surround offered, and it was employed in large part because it was readily available at the time and people wanted 8" drivers.  The tooling on the new surround and sourcing more baskets is why the recent batch is taking so freakin' long to come to fruition - but it should be ready very soon.

so what will this new surround look like? it will give max cone area right? not some huge wide surround? I hope...

Mike four sealed work in about 2ft^3 total gross? or maybe a little larger? I may just try two and see how I like them ported than sealed and ponder if it'd be worth getting two more sealed over 2 ported.

The new surround will look very similar to the first prototype surround that was used

(it was due to limited supply that the tall surround was ultimately incorporated).

RLi8-top-sideangle.jpg

RLi8-sidefront.jpg

As for enclosure size, 4 should indeed work well in a 2 cu ft enclosure - however I

am going to refrain from giving specific recommendations until we have the final

unit in hand (which will hopefully be in no more than 2 weeks).

I'm up in Oregon for Thanksgiving week with family, so forgive me if I'm scarce until Monday.

Eatin', drinkin', and bein' merry.. I hope you are all too! beer.gif

I am going to refrain from giving specific recommendations until we have the final unit in hand (which will hopefully be in no more than 2 weeks).

thats a bummer mike

The 10's should be ready a few weeks prior to the 8's, hopefully in early to mid January.

Strangely we are out of baskets on those units as well, but at least we have a regular supplier for that part.

The RL-i 8's and 10's by the end of the month.

Supreme 15's should be rebuilt and ready before that.

...A second eight-ish offer will be making a debut shortly as well shiftyeyes.gif

The RL-i 8's and 10's by the end of the month.

Supreme 15's should be rebuilt and ready before that.

...A second eight-ish offer will be making a debut shortly as well shiftyeyes.gif

I am all ears...you know my truck still needs a sub since someone bought the 10 out from under me.