Sign in to follow this  
rmzsuzuki89

Want Some Opinions

4 members have voted

1. 1. 4 21"s or 8 15"s

• 8 15"s, port on top, subs on bottom
    • 4 21"s, subs passenger, port drivers side
    • other, explain

I am thinking about re-doing my setup and would like some opinions.

I am thinking about moving my 4 DP21"s to the passenger side, and port on drivers side. Then the idea for 8 15"s started creeping into my head. The subs in each setup will be on 2k wrms each, so it's not really a fair comparison since it will be twice the power with the 15"s, but o well. The 8 15"s would be on bottom with the port across the top most likely.

Some of the subs I have been considering for the 15"s are: BTL's, new DP's, Lvl 5's, and Exos. Right now I am leaning towards the Atmos Exos.

Wall is in an 03 Expedition at the B-pillars, 40 cubes and will be tuned somewhere between 28 and 32hz. Probably to the low side lol. This is a dd/ground pounder setup, not really a comp one. Maybe occasional bass race.

Nothing is set in stone yet, lets get some opinions.

Eight 15s seems like a waste of money for a DD, but maybe that's just me.

What's up with the 21's? Just not what you thought it would be? Are you gonna be at the Install Master's Show at University Mall Sunday?

Sorry bout all the questions. Inquiring minds wanna know, lol.

Personally I'd do 4 high powered 15"s-18"s In a proper wall subs passenger port driver. On 4k each.

Can you even fit 8 15"s or 4 21"s in a wall like that?

I'd stick with the 21s as they are, but maybe switch up to the Wardens for that little bit more beast mode.

If you're stuck on the switch to 15s, I would definitely say the L5s, they're backed with some pretty incredible specs..

Either way, we'll all probably be watching. :popcorn:

Edited by Nick_W

Eight 15s seems like a waste of money for a DD, but maybe that's just me.

Why do you say that, cheaper than 4 21" Wardens lol.

What's up with the 21's? Just not what you thought it would be? Are you gonna be at the Install Master's Show at University Mall Sunday?

Sorry bout all the questions. Inquiring minds wanna know, lol.

Nothing, they're still fine, just. Just changing up some things and figured I'd reevaluate my sub situation as well.

Personally I'd do 4 high powered 15"s-18"s In a proper wall subs passenger port driver. On 4k each.

Can you even fit 8 15"s or 4 21"s in a wall like that?

I don't like running subs over rms for daily...And the wall that the 21"s are in now is 40 cubes after all displacements. If I stick with the 21"s I'll just do them port driver, subs passenger, instead of the port in the middle. It's causing some weird loading. But the wall is plenty big for either, it would just be easier to situate the 15"s on the baffle.

I'd stick with the 21s as they are, but maybe switch up to the Wardens for that little bit more beast mode.

If you're stuck on the switch to 15s, I would definitely say the L5s, they're backed with some pretty incredible specs..

You mean the Level 5's?..And I'm not stuck on anything, just getting a few opinions.

You mean the Level 5's?..And I'm not stuck on anything, just getting a few opinions.

Yea, that's what I meant, sorry for any confusion. And I wasn't trying to insinuate anything, apologies again, I was more saying if you were leaning one way more than the other.