Aaron Clinton

Group Buy on a Zed Built Boss Audio REV-665

The Boss REV-665 is a solid, no frills amp. There are a few left brand new in box from a few years back that never made it to a distributor. Very hearty build and hefty heat sink. If you are looking for performance and don't care about the brand name sticker and care about what is inside, this is a nice option. This is essentially back when Boss still had a good reputation with good quality, American made products.

Specs:

Boss Audio Zed Made in USA:

Havoc REV-665

• 85wrms x 4 @ 4 ohms at 12 volts
  • 180wrms x 4 @ 2 ohms at 12 volts
  • 190wrms x 2 bridged @ 4 ohms at 12 volts

REV-665.jpg

• Tri-Mode

• Built-in X-over: hi&lo Pass

• Bass Boost +18dB

• Inputs: Line Level

• line Out

• T.H.D.: 0.01%

• Dimensions (WxHxL): 10" x 2-1/4" x 14-3/8"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Info:

GB price $115 shipped in the lower 48 states. I personally have one, and it is right in line with all the other older ZED built amps I have in my stock pile, well built, reliable and good power and controls. Would be a good option to the no-longer made Sundown SAX-50.4. Keep in mind due to these being an out of production model and the price, a warranty is not available.

Paypal $115 to Payments@soundsolutionsaudio.com with name and shipping info along with the amp model name/number please.

As we have sold a few of these already, the group buy is officially open. Keep in mind there are not many left.

Edited by denim
Now open

You've got my interest. Just because its Zed and at a great price. trink40.gif

I want one, when can I buy :drink40:

If there is enough people that are serious and not window shopping I will have the topic up asap.

Mark and I are talking about doing a super combo deal with a set of Bravox components too. :) Would be loads of performance per dollar for sure.

I have a friend in need of a new 4 channel. I'll have a word with him.

Wow nice classic amplifier! Wish I had a need at the moment .... :(

Bump for a great GB and a classic amplifer.

Here is a quick cell phone snap of mine poped out of the box when I first got it.

gallery_2_3_4739.jpg

i thinking i am interested in a couple..let me talk to a few of my Canadian buddies and see if they need some 4channel amps!

i thinking i am interested in a couple..let me talk to a few of my Canadian buddies and see if they need some 4channel amps!

That would be great. :)

Just sold a few of these. If people are interested, tell us now as once they are all sold, that is it. Going to be really hard to buy a new 4 channel for this price that is built in the USA, that is any where close to the quality of these ZED built amps.

What kind of power do these things put out? Underrated at all? Also how many are left?

What kind of power do these things put out? Underrated at all? Also how many are left?

BOSS set the ratings on these, so they are not underrated like other ZED amps. I would venture to guess there is about 30ish left. I know there is two people who are interested in buying more then a couple, they are just waiting on their friends to confirm.

How much range does the built in crossover have?

To get you a quicky answer, here is a close up shot I found:

IMG_3781.jpg

IMG_3783.jpg

IMG_3782.jpg

nice amp... :drink40:

but whats up with bass knobs on amps ... they should rather install highpass(subsonic) on 4ch ones

nice amp... :drink40:

but whats up with bass knobs on amps ... they should rather install highpass(subsonic) on 4ch ones

That switch is a three position switch. Between HPF, LPF and Flat. I do wish it had a x10 switch as well though.

I will be going active with a MS-8 so as long as its good old school ZED power then I'm set.

I ordered two of these. Can't wait to get them in.

Your order has been processed, thank you! These really are a steal, even if people grab a pair and run them bridged for good power to a pair of speakers. :)

Just opened this up officially as we have already sold a few. :)

Your order has been processed, thank you! These really are a steal, even if people grab a pair and run them bridged for good power to a pair of speakers. :)

My plans are to run each of these and use 7 of the MS-8 channels to run a set of Bravox CF 6.5's, a center channel, and some rear fill plus a Xcon12"/ SAZ1500d combo. All active with 24db slopes. :fing34:

Edited by diablo