Sign in to follow this  
AndrewBR98

Amp question!

hey everyone i am in the market for a new amp. i currently have a us amps xt1600.2 powering my ssa icon 12'' and i am ready to upgrade to something that will do closer to 1000 rms at 1 ohm. i am looking at audiopipes (cant go wrong for the price...i have heard mostly good things about them) and cant decide between the ap1000d or ap1500d. it would be nice to have the extra 500 watts of the ap1500d but i am on stock electrical except the big 3 at the moment. my question is can i just run the ap1500d at the voltage for 1000 rms at 1 ohm temporarily until i get an external battery and what not? or will it still pull more power from the electrical system regardless if its set at 1000rms? probably a dumb question but i am about to order it and would like to be sure. Thanks everyone!

hey everyone i am in the market for a new amp. i currently have a us amps xt1600.2 powering my ssa icon 12'' and i am ready to upgrade to something that will do closer to 1000 rms at 1 ohm. i am looking at audiopipes (cant go wrong for the price...i have heard mostly good things about them) and cant decide between the ap1000d or ap1500d. it would be nice to have the extra 500 watts of the ap1500d but i am on stock electrical except the big 3 at the moment. my question is can i just run the ap1500d at the voltage for 1000 rms at 1 ohm temporarily until i get an external battery and what not? or will it still pull more power from the electrical system regardless if its set at 1000rms? probably a dumb question but i am about to order it and would like to be sure. Thanks everyone!

You could run a million watt amp at 1000 watts if you wanted to. 1000 watts is 1000 watts regardless of amps rated power. So you'll be fine if you pick up the ap1500d. Keep the power down until you upgrade the electrical and you'll be fine. :drink40:

You wanna hook me up with that million watt amp please? Sounds nice on paper but I haven't seen one in the works yet.. Steve meade would probably have one in a Tahoe by now if there was such a thing out rofl. :ehh:

You wanna hook me up with that million watt amp please? Sounds nice on paper but I haven't seen one in the works yet.. Steve meade would probably have one in a Tahoe by now if there was such a thing out rofl. :ehh:

Lol

i think you mean a simi, lol. he could also try a sundown or AQ amp or give them a look if he is browsing.

Very useful post.