Freshh

Ticket Questions

I got a ticket in Missouri for a "Peace Disturbance - Car Stereo from 50+ feet" I've only had the sub for 2 days so i'm pissed but I guess it was my fault, but anyways..

I was wondering how much these tickets usually end up costing? Thanks, and sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

My first was $75

Phew! I was looking around on the internet and thought I saw $500 and was really sweating it.

Thanks broski.

Edited by Freshh

it says on the ticket it's self, where in Missouri do you live?

I've looked so hard for where it says that and I honestly don't see it. lol, but I got the ticket in Springfield, Mo. Who knows I might be blind.

EDIT: I HAVE to go to the court for this ticket, does that mean its worse than the average 50-75? D: I know I'll end up having to pay a court fee which is probably gonna be near 80. FML lol

Edited by Freshh

I've looked so hard for where it says that and I honestly don't see it. lol, but I got the ticket in Springfield, Mo. Who knows I might be blind.

EDIT: I HAVE to go to the court for this ticket, does that mean its worse than the average 50-75? D: I know I'll end up having to pay a court fee which is probably gonna be near 80. FML lol

Mandatory court appearances: :suicide-santa:

Hummm I live up in KC so i'm not sure... there should be two pieces of paper, one red/pinkish with a list of all kinds of fines, and then a carboncopy of your ticket

Mandatory court appearances: :suicide-santa:

Oh no, why is it THAT bad? :o

No, don't worry about it at all! I just hate going to court. Just chillax, the judge might even drop the ticket if he's in a good mood; a friend of mine got of scot-free.

Weird, all I received was the yellow carbon copy. I don't think I'm that lucky though, I've had to go to court once before for running through barricades L0L on my way to school, the judge dropped that ticket. So two in a row seems highly unlikely, though would be nice.

Thanks guys for the help, I should be safe if I have $200 in my bank just for this ticket, right?

yes you should be fine. My first one was 150 and it doubles after that here.

Lame, the cop was a dick at first, but I explained to him I had just got it and was "testing it out" and he ended up wanting to see it and when I showed him he said "damn thats bad ass" lol, but, any chance this would also make my insurance go up? :o

Lame, the cop was a dick at first, but I explained to him I had just got it and was "testing it out" and he ended up wanting to see it and when I showed him he said "damn thats bad ass" lol, but, any chance this would also make my insurance go up? :o

No, it shouldn't.. it should be a non-moving traffic violation

something like that.. could be disturbing the peace, probably depends where you are.

Most cops don't care if you're out on a highway, just make sure you turn it down when stopped at lights when people are near you.

I've only gotten a couple warnings.

Kansas city has a harsh way with it, little to no tolerance, Liberty really doesn't care.

Phew, thank goodness. Thanks again!

Phew, thank goodness. Thanks again!

No problemo.

Just be careful. :captain:

Careful and respectful. I'm sure the cost is going to change depending on the state/county/cop/judge. Cant really put a set amount on it. Sucks about the ticket though, what type of road were you on when you got pulled over? parking lot? light? highway?

Yeah, I was at a stop light and the cop that got me was at the light as well, but 3 lanes over. It was at one of the bigger more congested lights in the city too. So meh, I just hope the ticket + court cost isn't >$200. lol