Sign in to follow this  
voce

Amp / sub compatibility question

Hi, I'm looking at picking up a Sundown Audio SAX-1200D to match it up with a single Fi Q 12" with plans to run a ported setup. Being new to car audio my question is, will these two work together? Everything I've read seems to put these as a perfect match up. For options on the speaker I'm assuming it will need Dual 2 Ohm and cooling options. Is the option for an extra "spider" needed? I'll be ordering the amp in the morning, should you guys give the OK, as there is an amazing deal on one of the internet retailers. Thanks for the help.

Should be fine..you don't have to have the additional spider if you do not want it.

Just make sure you put your subsonic filter 2-3hz below the port tuning frequency of the enclosure.

Thanks man, amp is on it's way. Will be putting in an order for a Fi Q 12" in a few days. This being my first setup I'm so stoked lol.

Thanks man, amp is on it's way. Will be putting in an order for a Fi Q 12" in a few days. This being my first setup I'm so stoked lol.

Don't forget to make a build log!

*Update* I put in the order for a single Q12 today :woot:

Looking at 4ga wiring kits for the setup.. what do you guys think of KnuKonceptz or Stinger brands of wire? Side note, what gauge speaker wire should I go with?

Thanks, Voce.

0 ga would be better, if you have another amp for your speakers, or if you want to upgrade later. (You WILL want more sooner or later !!!)

Nice choice on your equipments. But it should work with 4 ga, I think so.

I would do a run of 1/0 that way if you upgrade, like Notorious said, you'll want to eventually.

4 wouldn't starve the amp or anything but if you upgraded to something with more draw, it just wouldn't hold up.

Have you done the big three yet?

I was wanting to go with 0ga wiring but I noticed the amp (SAX-1200D) has 4ga power connectors. Is there a way around that like using a reducer / adapter or something?

Distro- block......4 gauge is enough if you don't want to upgrade soon or use it for a mids and highs amp....

Good call on using it for mid /highs amp, I'll just run with a 4ga kit for now. Thanks cheese

@ Nick_W No I haven't done the big 3 yet. I plan on looking at a new vehicle after the holidays so it really depends on how this car handles the draw. If I can get by without doing it until I get a new vehicle I'd rather just do that. Not to mention the stock battery is in the trunk so I'd have to run a ton of 0ga wiring to the front. Stock alt is 105amp so I'm hoping for the best.

Thanks to everyone for the help

Voce

You can always just cut off some strands of wire to make the 1/0 fit into a 4 gauge amp input.

Sign in to follow this