Pioneer GM-D8400M vs JBL - GTO7001 vs SAZ 1200D

Pioneer GM-D8400M vs JBL - GTO7001 vs SAZ 1200D  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Pioneer GM-D8400M vs JBL - GTO7001 vs SAZ 1200D

• Pioneer GM-D8400M
    • JBL - GTO7001
    • SAZ 1200D

Really, thats all you give is "Who is the winner?"

Are you looking for yourself? Are you wanting to see what people say? Really seems like a pointless post without some more info first. Wait for the blast from M5 BTW!!!

what subs are you pairing it with, what ohm load are you trying to put to it? more info is needed.

They'd all make really great paperweights.

Oh... were you trying to power a woofer or two with those? Couldn't tell from your original post...

4 ohm single voice coils on those right? Im assuming you have them wired in parallel to achieve a 2 ohm load, correct?

Either way i would go with the Sundown. Great Amps and by far better customer service than you will get from either Pioneer or JBL.

I can't believe how much they want for that JBL amp. Sundown FTW!! the majority of people here run them, and there's a reason for that.

:rockwoot:

All of the amplifiers are sufficient to power your subwoofers and of good build quality. If you want a little more versatility, the Sundown does offer 1ohm stability which neither of the other amplifiers offer, and a little more power output at that lower impedance. But for anything 2ohm or above, I'd just stick with the least expensive option.

Great Amps and by far better customer service than you will get from either Pioneer or JBL.

How do you know that? I just recently had to contact JBL's customer service, there were no deficiencies in the service they provided. What is your experience with the CS of Pioneer and JBL to determine the CS from Sundown is vastly superior? I picked up the phone, called JBL and had my issue resolved in under 10 minutes. Sundown on the other hand has explicitly stated they often can't reach the phones in time (a phone number is not even published on their website) so the best method to contact them is via email , which normally means you are waiting much longer than 10 minutes for a response. How is that "far better" than the service I received from JBL in under 10 minutes?

Depending on budget and application they will all work just fine! If buying the JBL or Pioneer make sure it comes with a manufacturer warranty.

My apologies, but i had not known about your customer service with JBL prior to posting that. You know the answer as well as I do: obviously that's not better than the customer service you received. You're right, i should have specified more and again, i apologive for doing so.

My expereince with Pioneer was frustrating. My first set-up was a pair of their championship series 12's. I was a noob, and still kind-of am, and i was confused with the wiring options. So being a noob, i wanted to contact the company specifically just to make sure that i was getting the right information. The person that i got to after the phone tree didn't even know the product. Never-the-less, it was two noobs talking to eachother and nothing got through. Probably just a one time deal, 1 phone operator not knowing whats up. But first impressions are impressions.

JBL i have no experience with. You're right, that was a pre-judgement call that shouldn't have been made. Just JBL comes off as being a larger company than sundown (don't even know if that's true!). I know you can call sundown and have people like Jacob or Derik pick up. People that are more involved with the company than those who I would expect to pick up the phone over at JBL. Which i should have specified that being a major factor for me when it comes to customer service.

To the OP, sorry about that man! But i would still get the Sundown! Comes with warranty, solid amps, and it's cheaper than the JBL! But probably more cheaply made.

All of the amplifiers are sufficient to power your subwoofers and of good build quality. If you want a little more versatility, the Sundown does offer 1ohm stability which neither of the other amplifiers offer, and a little more power output at that lower impedance. But for anything 2ohm or above, I'd just stick with the least expensive option.

Great Amps and by far better customer service than you will get from either Pioneer or JBL.

How do you know that? I just recently had to contact JBL's customer service, there were no deficiencies in the service they provided. What is your experience with the CS of Pioneer and JBL to determine the CS from Sundown is vastly superior? I picked up the phone, called JBL and had my issue resolved in under 10 minutes. Sundown on the other hand has explicitly stated they often can't reach the phones in time (a phone number is not even published on their website) so the best method to contact them is via email , which normally means you are waiting much longer than 10 minutes for a response. How is that "far better" than the service I received from JBL in under 10 minutes?

If this was facebook I'd "like" this.

I'm just a car audio enthusiast, not an engineer, not qualified to compare build quality.

I went from buying mainstream to forum online based products, I still buy mainstream for front stage but everything sub stage is considered at a shop "wtf is that?". Some people at the shops are very knowledgeable with "Car audio" but haven't heard of "sundown, fi, ssa, etc" but that doesn't mean they aren't good at what they do. Some say workers at the shops will even talk down these products and say their inferior to their merchandise, which I wouldn't agree with either (can't judge something you don't know).

Now on the flip side, people on the forums think everything "underground" small based companies making audio products are simply amazing and better then mainstream products, some nuthug certain companies like crazy stating it is the best, yet they haven't compared it products made by alpine,kicker,mtx,infinity,jl,jbl,etc...

I personally have a sundown amp, it works well haven't had any issues with it, but I haven't ACTUALLY tested it against the above companies amplifiers in any way shape or form, I bought into the hype and it seems to produce.

BUT

I honestly don't know if it's any better then an alpine amp.

I guess all I'm trying to say is, don't down talk a company or it's products when you haven't actually had any experience or testing with their stuff.

I've used sundown, ssa, and fi equipment, all of which have produced great results, but until I try a different brand driver and amp I'll never actually know.

And...I'm done. :peepwall:

I've been running JBL amps for 4 or 5 years now. No issues. And I'm not easy on them either. They handle abuse very well. JBL has a good name for their amps, and from my personal experience, they earned it. I emailed a question to JBL about a month or so ago, about one of my amps (a five year old product, well out of it's warranty) and they got back to me the next day, no problems, with a very nice explanation. I definitely would not complain about their customer service.

I however have absolutely no experience with any Sundown products, and as such, cannot make any comment on that company.

Have seen multiple people with pioneer stuff who liked it, had a pioneer deck, worked well and did what it was supposed to, however, no experience with their amps, so cannot comment there either.