Adrian_D

Feeler : big aeroports - urgent question

Awesome I'll definitely be in for a big one. And I agree pvc is better. I was looking at sonotube for a recent build and some of the ten inch sonotube was bigger than the twelve inch....

I'm interested in a 12". Also, would you be able to make a decent coupler for those of us who like to compete with our daily systems also?

I've done business with Adrian even across the pond and can recommend him as well.

I also think the large aero is a great idea and there is a market here. I'll also offer to help if you need something here on this end Adrian adding that I too see PVC as a better option or at least it seems standard. I haven't compared different brands of "sonotubes" by measuring, but can tell you I have seen different thickness tubes (probably for different construction applications) and that will end up with some people upset with you.

One other thing, someone should compare the PVC and the Black Plastic sewer pipe as well. Still spec'd as OD here in backwards measurement land, but I think the thicknesses could be different. Perhaps not, never compared either. Let me know if you need help with that and what sizes you'd like.

I'm interested in a 12". Also, would you be able to make a decent coupler for those of us who like to compete with our daily systems also?

A coupler is very easy to do. Going to build it at the same time as the rest of the molds.

Thank you for the feedback Sean !

http://www.harvel.com/pipepvc-sch40-80-dim.asp

and on other websites and the ID for schedule 40 varies ~0.04" which is minuscule. OD stays the same.

I originally liked the standard since it won't give people headaches when finding pipe. I know the pair I've built for somebody to use on a sonotube in the US required some searching and modifying the tube.

It can be made to work with black sewage pipe too but I'm concerned about wall thickness. Too thick doesn't help unless the black pipe is cheaper and easier to find. However, once the mold is done, it's done, no turning back.

Seems that it's an ANSI standard and it matches what I've found previously.. Easy to obtain ?

So far Schedule 40 seems to be the winner.

If anyone has any hesitation, they shouldn't. Adrian is one of the most humble people I have ever know. I like the name of Euroports, but Adrian should call his brand Humble Port as he has proven to be quite experienced and knowledgeable but does not flaunt it or brag. ;)

Romanoports has a better ring to it...Drunkenbastardports as well :D

Im interested in some 8 inchers, or a I'll buy a mold ;)

Im interested in some 8 inchers

That's what she said!

Im interested in some 8 inchers, or a I'll buy a mold ;)

The preferred size :D

Unfortunately molds will not be available for purchase.

This is a great idea! I agree you should try and get some molds for some US spec schedule 40 pvc. If anyone wants to use sonotube aka quickrete tube from home depot, they could try and find some that would work with the current flares you produce. Shouldn't be hard to find. If you need any measurements on pvc feel free to ask, I have a HUGE home depot not 5 minutes away from me. btw, those euro spec 8" flares are the bomb, very durable and just perfect all around. Still can't thank you enough, you saved my ass from much agony and pain lol. Seriously, this guy is a true aero flare artist. Anyone want to check out his work, i'll be at the Texas heatwave car show both Saturday and Sunday, just look for a bright orange car. I know several members here on this board will be attending the event.

If anyone has any hesitation, they shouldn't. Adrian is one of the most humble people I have ever know. I like the name of Euroports, but Adrian should call his brand Humble Port as he has proven to be quite experienced and knowledgeable but does not flaunt it or brag. ;)

Romanoports has a better ring to it...

Sounds a little cheesey. ;)

By the way, my setup hits a 149.9 on the tl without the front flare, with it, it jumps to 151.8.... This man's flare gained me a solid 2db jump just by adding one flare!

Ok that is all.

Holy gain, I thought they work decently but what you've gained is awesome !

Thanks for the kind works Edward !

By the way, my setup hits a 149.9 on the tl without the front flare, with it, it jumps to 151.8.... This man's flare gained me a solid 2db jump just by adding one flare!

Ok that is all.

OT, but every time I see you post, I think of the movie Idiocracy.

BTW, Adrian is awesome!

Yeah I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the score jump up two decibels. Proof is in the pudding, you make excellent flares!

Tirefryr

Yeah that was my goal when creating my username haha! You guessed it spot on.

Adrian ya think you could PM a projected price for 4 flares 8" ones?

PM me what two 12" ports will be to 84401, please :)

12's will have to wait until I see some feedback on 8's and 10's. No pricing so far on 12's.

I was away camping for a week and will get back on the molds Monday. Should have a first flare soon :D

A 10 to 85741?

Thanks, Rick

What would 2 8"s be to 95070