BanginGMC

SAZ-3500, Jacob open please.

My (2) SAZ-3500 get hot, really hot. Is this common in this amplifier?

My Voltage stays around 13.5 on full tilt, and sometimes it'll go to 12.7 on long continues bass notes when on full tilt, when not on full tilt it's 14's.

I got a 320amp Alternator from DC and (4) XS Power D3100s as secondary batts.

Thanks Jacob :)

how hot are we talkin?

Will it literally burn your hand if u keep your hand on them or does it just feel very warm?

I ran 6 3500ds (audioque) within 1in from each other for 13 HOURS (road trip) to SBN this year and when i got there, they were warm as hell and i still competed and never went into thermal protection.

I've felt plenty of hot ass........ amps, hehe, but none hot to burn you. If they are that hot.. they wouldnt stay powered for long.

Not luke warm, if they only got warm i wouldn't of made a thread. They get HOT as hell and i would be in pain if i kept my hand on them for a long time.

I wish i had a surface temperature meter so i can know exactly how hot.

my us amp gets hot too. but my outside temp is like 109 degrees and like 90 inside it it may just be outside plus amp heat.

Not luke warm, if they only got warm i wouldn't of made a thread. They get HOT as hell.

My saz1500d gets pretty hot as well, but part of it is our heat...

If I touch my amp in the afternoon and it hasn't been played that day, it's still hot to the touch...

What's your impedance on the woofers?

Subs are dual 2, amps are strapped at 2ohm

Not luke warm, if they only got warm i wouldn't of made a thread. They get HOT as hell.

My saz1500d gets pretty hot as well, but part of it is our heat...

If I touch my amp in the afternoon and it hasn't been played that day, it's still hot to the touch...

Same for me, but after playing for an hour or hour n 1/2 it gets so hot i get worried its going to break.

0085g.jpg

0124ow.jpg

I'm not 100 percent sure it has to do with how they are installed, it might be.. but they're not as close and cluttered as the picture of them in the cab might seem.. this is why i'm asking Jacob if its common to get hot.

p.s. i want new seats and steering wheel.

Maybe the amps in the same spot don't let the air dissipate.

ehh.. i know this may sound stupid on my part.. but if they have yet to shut off.. i wouldnt worry too much..

there has only been a couple times where my amps have shut off, and that was as soon as i started my car after workin all day.

Car be parked in the sun.. approx 140F in the car.. heat just aimin directly at my amps all day thru the hatch glass.. I would have to open my door and let al the heat out for a couple min.. then turn stereo back on and all would be fine. I could bump as loud as i wanted to and it would not turn back off. Ambient heat has a lot to do with how they feel and how hot they run too..

Just like computers..

x2 on what shizzzon said,

i got 2-saz2500 UNDER my sub box with 4-80mm Pc fan pushing the air out and my amps get hot to touch buut not hot as hell though,..

maybe you need some more air flow..although you have your vents in the cabin to help you with the air flow/cooling

IMG_0114.jpg

IMG_0119.jpg

and i know they don't get 2 hot b/c with my new box i can just fit my hand under it to feel,,

and my sax100.4 gets even hotter and has yet to shut off! some times the 100.4 is so hot i can't even touch it.

ehh.. i know this may sound stupid on my part.. but if they have yet to shut off.. i wouldnt worry too much..

there has only been a couple times where my amps have shut off, and that was as soon as i started my car after workin all day.

Car be parked in the sun.. approx 140F in the car.. heat just aimin directly at my amps all day thru the hatch glass.. I would have to open my door and let al the heat out for a couple min.. then turn stereo back on and all would be fine. I could bump as loud as i wanted to and it would not turn back off. Ambient heat has a lot to do with how they feel and how hot they run too..

Just like computers..

x2 or your amps are set correctly causing them to turn the excess power that its trying to make into heat. How are your amps set, whats the pre-out voltage of your headunit, how high are your gain settings?

My amps are already hot when I get in the car and get pretty hot depending how hard im pushing them and how long, just like any electronic piece of equipment after use its temperature will rise subtantially and if the air around it is not cool then it will just add to it. If worried about change listening habits or turn the gains down some.

Even though I know you guys barely have winters but wait till the temperature cools and if you keep your setting exactly the same your amps will be way cooler.

Just like computers..

You say shut off, but do you mean protect or literally powered down?

I've gone into protect while competing.. but i think thats from low voltage. I've gone into protect driving around too, but thats when i get caught on full tilt at a red light, also believe that's because of low voltage?

I kinda agree, they have thermal protection so if they are not shutting off prolly nothing to worry about.

When you were on the meter did the signal look clipped?

Just read your post before mine went up, low voltage will heat up your amps - that is your problem I would bet money. Your amps are working harder than they like to.

Time to spend some more money. lol

Just like computers..

x2 or your amps are set correctly causing them to turn the excess power that its trying to make into heat. How are your amps set, whats the pre-out voltage of your headunit, how high are your gain settings?

My amps are already hot when I get in the car and get pretty hot depending how hard im pushing them and how long, just like any electronic piece of equipment after use its temperature will rise subtantially and if the air around it is not cool then it will just add to it. If worried about change listening habits or turn the gains down some.

Even though I know you guys barely have winters but wait till the temperature cools and if you keep your setting exactly the same your amps will be way cooler.

Pre-out voltage for my H/U is 2v and Gain is little below half, with gain control knob at half.

you may like this GMC- my amps were wired at 0.4ohm daily, 4v preout, gains 60% up.

When they did shut off from cooking in the sun while i was at work, they would go into protect... TOO HOT for ambient reasons.

Just read your post before mine went up, low voltage will heat up your amps - that is your problem I would bet money. Your amps are working harder than they like to.

Time to spend some more money. lol

I'm getting 3 more XS Power D3100s, but now instead i'm thinking about 2nd Alt.

I just want a response from Jacob lol

Just like computers..

Pre-out voltage for my H/U is 2v and Gain is little below half, with gain control knob at half.

If you set your gains properly and everything is good you should not have a problem heat is normal.....ESPECIALLY right now.

Edited by cheese20323

haha, LOL, who is this guy watchin the forum- "not Steve Meade" lmao

Just like computers..

Yea, what Cheese said

Thermal protect is in place for a reason -- if they are staying on and playing normally they are okay.