PhillBoy20XD6

4 channel amp comparison

Buying a 1996 Lincoln Town Car I'm replacing the stock speakers of course but not going overboard this time so I was thinking for the front doors a set of Focal Ca1

# 5" x 7" Access Series Car Speakers

# Power Handling:

* Peak: 240 watts per pair / 120 watts each

* RMS: 120 watts per pair / 60 watts each

# All weather woven fiberglass cone woofer

# Butyl rubber surround

# 1" Aluminum inverted dome tweeter (TN44)

# Stamped steel basket

# Humidity resistant cone

# Rotating tweeter

# 4 ohms impedance

And the speaker rack in the back a set of Focal 690 cvx

# 6" x 9" Focal Polyglass 2-Way Coaxial Speakers

# Power Handling:

* Peak: 320 watts per pair / 160 watts each

* RMS: 160 watts per pair / 80 watts each

# Polyglass cone

# Butyl rubber surround

# Adjustable aluminum inverted dome tweeter

# Frequency Response: 50 - 20,000 Hz

# 4 ohms impedance

# 1-1/4" Voice coil diameter

# 1/2" Voice coil height

# 3-1/2" Magnet

So my question is what 4 channel should I go with, my main selections are the Audioque 4x90 and the Sundown SAX-100.4 so let me hear your opinions or if you may have any more suggestions. Thanks for any information fellas.

Forget the rear speakers , that will help you to buy a better set of front speakers. These focals are nice, but you can have a better st with more money !

Be sure to install them right (deadening, sealing holes in the door, good mounting ring,...).

I would get the Sundown, but I'm biaised. I already use 2 Sundown amps, and I'm happy with them !

The Focal's will accept / like any amp at 4 ohms : Sundown, Stetsom on the ssa store of course. You may find cheaper ones, and they will work too !

so the sundown is a clear front runner here but that boss on group buy is peaking my interest especially the price. But does it really have enough power to run what i want?

You are not going to notice the 15 watt power difference between the sundown and the boss. The only thing you would have to decide is if you would need the extra crossover functions of the sundown.

I second third, etc.

I would ditch the rears and look into the Bravox group buy, you can get great prices on some speakers.

I would also suggest the boss amp, it's Zed built and high quality, and if you're looking for more X-over abilities i would also suggest a Sax 125.2.

In all honesty you do not need a rear fill, In my old lumina i had one set of component speakers upfront and that was IT everyone in my car could hear my mids and highs even while in the rear.

The Boss audio would be NICE bridge on a set of good component speakers.

Get a Bravox set here, your Focals are nice but, they're entry level Focals (too expensive for what they can do).

what did you choose finally ?

haven't made the final decision yet you guys have brought up some good ideas so im rolling those around for a bit.

All good choices above.

If you ever plan on going "Active" with your front stage and do not have the processing capabilities built in to your HU the SAX-100.4 would be the way to go.

Going active up front eh...I like.

That Boss amp sounds tempting, and for the price it's worth a try.

Oh and in all honesty, rear fill is over rated and is misused most of the time. I dont run rears in my car, and I have zero complaints.