ShagggDiesel

Fi SSD vs SSA ICON

My next setup is going to consist of a single 12" driver in a Khaotik ported enclosure. My question: As far as output goes, not SQ by any means, which is better suited for my situation? A Fi SSD 12" or an SSA ICON 12"? The sub will be seeing around 1500 watts, probably not the full 1500 but that's about RMS on the amp. I'm looking for strictly output. I have all electrical necessary for the setup. It's just that after shipping, these 2 subs are about the exact same price, and same RMS rating. Just needing input, on the output of them lol.

Thanks ahead,

-Shag

Because you say "strictly output" I'm gonna go with the SSD. The Icon gets loud and sounds great but at the end of the day it's still an SQ based driver. The SSD will take the 1500 like a champ. I ran it's cousin the AA Chaos 15" in a 2.8^3 @ 32Hz off an AP15001D and hit a 143.7 out of the trunk sealed up legal on the dash with a 42Hz test tone and it sounded great on music as well.

Edited by PHATBOi

with that much power id say you should save up some more money and get a bl or maby even a btl if you want strictly ouput.

with that much power id say you should save up some more money and get a bl or maby even a btl if you want strictly ouput.

I am getting the BTL. Just not at this time. I'm on a slight budget so this is my choice for now. I'll slowly upgrade and get a BTL when the time comes.

I am getting the BTL. Just not at this time. I'm on a slight budget so this is my choice for now. I'll slowly upgrade and get a BTL when the time comes.

The SSD is more likely to cook if not set right......I would get an Icon due to the power difference...And Phatboi mark hit 142(i think) on khaotik enclosure to

Well the SSD would be fully loaded with Bp power and flatwind coil and whatnot so power handling is almost even.

The Icon has an optional coil too. ;)

Either way, both drivers are very good choices.

it seems like you would want the BL if you're going with Fi. The icon with the Alum coil would be a greatoption.

I'd say take more time to save and get a BTL like you want in the future.

Go with the SSD, and another option though a little different would be a Lethal Injection from Incriminator. Went from a 12 SSD to a 15 LI and couldn't be more impressed.

Wouldnt the Icon be more comparable to the Fi BL? Maybe look at the SA-12 too.

Found my solution. My dude "phi" on here is hooking me up with a fresh reconed BTL for a nice price and I'm going to be picking it up. He may also be building my enclosure as well and save me a S-Load on both deals :drink40: Woohoo!

Wouldnt the Icon be more comparable to the Fi BL?

Nope. Two very different drivers. BL is a great high output 1000-1500 watt ground pounder that can do competitions and daily driving. The Icon is much more SQ biased and has less thermal handling.

I'd say take more time to save and get a BTL like you want in the future.

:orly3:

Found my solution. My dude "phi" on here is hooking me up with a fresh reconed BTL for a nice price and I'm going to be picking it up. He may also be building my enclosure as well and save me a S-Load on both deals :drink40: Woohoo!

:fing34:

I disagree both subs will give you good output and i think the icon will sound lot better then the ssd, The output varies on the vehicle it's going in. Some vehicles dont achieve very good spl numbers. Just because somebody hit a 143 in a trunk car dont mean your trunk car will be a 143 might be a 136 or lower...all about the vehicle the sub will be in to get the most out of the driver.