armyranger3858

fi q recone question

songs like young jeezy-put on, young buck-shorty wanna ride, young money-roger that, brotha lynch hung- i tried to committ suicide

Most Likely the enclosure...my 12 RE SE pounds the lows if its bult by a shop that sells kicker prefabs more than anything then its definitely the enclosure.

also to add to my thread can an fi q handle a t1500-1bd wired to 1 ohm which is atleast 1500 watts

the answer to that is totally dependent on the person operating it. if you have to ask, chances are you are not one of those people.

i also suggest checking out the box. its not hard to reverse engineer a box and determine size and tuning. ive seen shops build crappy boxes before just to try and sell you their preferred brand of speaker in a different box.

also to add to my thread can an fi q handle a t1500-1bd wired to 1 ohm which is atleast 1500 watts

yes if you are smart with the gain. NO BASS BOOST

I have to agree with all the above. It has to be the box. I have a pair of 12" Q's that flat murder the low frequencies. There's no acceptable reason that 15 shouldn't except for the box. As Nick will readily say, speakers are stupid, they do what you tell them to do. The chances are high that the box isn't built and tuned to the specifications that were requested. That being said, get the measurements and we can tell you what it's true volume and tuning is. That includes the port length as well.

alright and its actually not me operating it. its my boy that has it. and i should be able to get the box dimensions up later today

Yes please get us the box dimensions and port dimensions. Some "Car Audio" shops have no clue on quality DIY products such as Fi.

Probably the enclosure..

You do understand when you drop an octave to reach the same output level your displacement must double right?

Displacement actually needs to quadruple to maintain the same SPL level one octave lower.

At one meter;

SPL = 102.4dB + 20log(Xmax) + 20log(Sd) + 40log(Freq)

or

SPL = 102.4db + 20log(Vd) + 40log(Freq)

Probably the enclosure..

You do understand when you drop an octave to reach the same output level your displacement must double right?

Displacement actually needs to quadruple to maintain the same SPL level one octave lower.

At one meter;

SPL = 102.4dB + 20log(Xmax) + 20log(Sd) + 40log(Freq)

or

SPL = 102.4db + 20log(Vd) + 40log(Freq)

Brain fart, you are correct sir.

Either way..dude needs a LOT more then what he's got for something to be just as loud :)